We all know the importance of Yoga in our daily life. Yoga makes our body and mind healthy and fit. One of the best yoga poses of all is the Boat Pose. It is also known as Naukasana and Navasana in Sanskrit. It strengthens and stretches your core muscles. It aligns and stretches your spine too.
Boat pose also improves your balance. It has always been known for strengthening and providing flexibility to the hip joints and legs. There are many other health benefits are Boat pose, let’s know them all in brief.
Health Benefits of Boat Pose (Navasana)
As you all know, there are many benefits of yoga. The benefits of Navasana are:
- It strengthens your thighs and knees
- Improves your digestion
- Stimulates the intestines, thyroid, and kidneys
- Balances your hormonal system
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Improves the functioning of the liver
- Reduces fatigue
- Improves your blood circulation
- It is therapeutic for Osteoporosis, Asthma, Infertility & sinusitis.
- Helps with back pain problems
Steps of Boat Pose
To practice any yoga perfectly, you should practice it step by step following each step. The steps of Navasana are:
- Sit on a yoga mat or flat surface and keep your legs straight.
- Now slightly lean back and lift your feet off the yoga mat while exhaling.
- Now gently extend your legs in the front and keep your shins parallel to the floor.
- Then stretch your arms outward alongside your legs.
- Hold this position for 5-10 seconds then return to the starting position by bending your knees.
Read More: 5 Yoga Poses for weight loss
Precautions to take while doing Boat Pose
Before practicing any yoga pose, you need to know it’s precaution too. So the precautions of Boat pose are:
- Do not practice Navasana if you have had back or neck injury.
- If you’re suffering from heart problems, you should not practice Boat pose.
- Women who are pregnant or menstruating should avoid practicing Navasana.
- Don’t practice boat pose if you’re having following health problems: Insomnia, Diarrhea, Asthma, and Headache.
- People with low blood pressure should not practice Boat pose.
Preparatory poses for Boat Pose (Navasana)
Practice these yoga poses to prepare your body for Boat pose. The preparatory poses for Boat pose are:
Follow-up poses for Boat Pose
After practicing Boat pose, you can further practice these yoga poses for more health benefits. The follow-up poses for boat pose are:
Hope this blog was helpful to you. Do you also love doing yoga? If yes then check out our website for more yoga and lifestyle content.
If you have any queries or feedback then you can comment them in the comment section below.
Hope you all liked this blog. Thanks for reading!!