Yoga has been with us for thousands of years. Yoga has so many health benefits like correcting your posture, relieving body pain, making your body flexible, losing weight, and so many more.
One of the greatest benefit of all is the relief from Back pain. Back pain has become a very problem these days. People from all age groups, from children to adults to old people suffer from back pain nowadays.
People do not get enough time to take care of their health, be it physically or mentally. Taking too much medication is also not good for our health.
Also Read: How to relieve sciatic nerve pain fast!
So the better and the best solution to get relief from back pain is Yoga. Just 5 minutes of yoga can bring a great change to our lives.
The yoga for Back Pain Relief
To get relief from back pain, I’m going to tell you about the best yoga poses you should practice daily. Practice these yoga poses daily and you will see the change yourself.
Just take care of one basic rule of yoga and that is to always practice yoga only on empty stomach. You should also use a yoga mat for doing yoga.
Also, do not overdo it if you’re not comfortable and feel too
1. Downward Facing Dog Pose
Downward Facing Dog Pose, also known as Adho Mukha Svanasana is one of the amazing yoga pose that corrects your posture, improves blood circulation in your body, stretch your hands, calves, hamstrings, etc.
It is a part of a sequence of Surya Namaskar and It is also a great yoga pose to get relief from back pain. Practicing Downward Facing Dog Pose daily helps with your backache problems.
How to do Downward Facing Dog Pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana)?
- Stand on your four limbs i.e. your arms and your knees.
- Now keep your toes firm and lift your knees off the floor while exhaling. Keep your elbows and knees straight.
- Then stretch your arms forward as to keep your upper body tilted towards the front.
- Lift your hips as much as you can so that your body makes an inverted V-shape.
- Press your arms on the floor and keep your inner arms touching your ears while stretching your neck.
- Now face inwards and gaze at your novel.
- Hold the position for few seconds then lower your body and knees to come back to the starting position.
2. Child’s Pose
Child’s pose, Balasana is a kneeling asana of modern yoga. It is known for its many health benefits which are improving digestion, calming your mind, stretching your ankles and shoulders, fighting insomnia, and there are many other benefits too.
Besides all these benefits, one benefit of Child’s pose is that it relieves your back pain. It is very beneficial to those people who suffer from back pain.
How to do Child Pose? Steps of Child Pose
- Kneel down on the floor & sit on your buttocks. Keep your big toes touching each other.
- Place your knees hip-width apart and inhale.
- Now bend forward and exhale as you lay your torso between your thighs and swing your hands forward.
- Hold this position for 2-3 minutes.
- At last, breathe-in slowly and return to starting position.
- You can repeat it for 5 to 10 times
3. Cat-cow pose
The cat-cow pose is one of the amazing yoga pose that gives you relief from back pain. In this yoga pose, your neck and back torso are stretched.
It is known as Marjariasana in Sanskrit. It is a follow-up pose of Child’s pose, you can practice Child’s pose before practicing Cat-cow pose.
Cat-cow pose has many other benefits too like it improves your body posture, calms your mind and relieves anxiety, massages and stimulates your abdominal organs, etc.
To get relief from back pain, practice cat-cow pose daily and see the results yourself.
How to do Cat-cow pose? Steps of Cat-cow Pose
- Start by being in the Table-top pose i.e. stand on your both arms and legs.
- Keep your hands in line with your knees, and arms and thighs perpendicular to the floor.
- Then take a deep breath and put stress on the spine in the downwards position to make a concave shape, and keep your head facing upwards.
- Expand your abdomen and take deep inhale and hold it for 3-5 seconds.
- Now do the reverse. Inhale deeply and put stress on your spine in the upwards position to make a convex shape, and face downwards towards your thighs.
- Hold this pose again for 3-5 seconds.
4. Triangle Pose
Triangle pose, also known as Trikonasana in Sanskrit is one of the best yoga pose that gives you relief from back pain. It stretches almost your whole body.
Apart from giving relief from back pain, it has so many other health benefits like stretching your legs, arms, thighs, hamstrings, calves, hips. It is also therapeutic for neck pain, infertility, and anxiety.
Also Read: What is anxiety and how to overcome?
How to do Triangle Pose? Steps of Triangle Pose
- Stand straight and keep your legs wide apart.
- Now keep your right foot out at 90 degrees and keep your left foot in at 15 degrees, and your arms wide on both sides.
- Keep your weight equal on both your legs.
- Now inhale deeply than while exhaling, bend your body to the right side and downward from the hips, making your right hand going down while right going upwards.
- Keep your waist straight & eyes open.
- Now rest right hand on your ankle or toes, and left hand upwards; towards the ceiling.
- Stretch your body and keep taking long deep breaths.
- Hold this position for 20-25 seconds and relax your body as you practice Trikonasana.
- To come back to the starting position, come up as you inhale and bring your arms downwards on your sides.
- You can repeat it on the other side too.
5. Eagle pose
Eagle pose is a standing yoga pose that focuses on your balance and concentration. Your body needs to be flexible for eagle pose. Eagle pose calms your mind and develops serenity, focus and concentration.
It is easy to practice, you just need to learn to balance yourself. It is known to be very effective to relieve your back pain.
How to do Eagle Pose? Steps of Eagle Pose
- Stand straight in Tadasana yoga pose and keep your arms at sides.
- Now bend your knees, then balance on your Right foot and cross your left thigh over another(right thigh).
- Try not to fall and keep balance, keep your gaze at one specific point at your front.
- Then extend your arms in front, then sweep your right arm under your left, cross at the elbows, and connect the palms if possible.
- Hold this position for 10-15 seconds.
- Some people like to do it the other way. First, they stand straight, then Sweep their arms, and cross the legs and bend their knees. You can practice it this way too, however, you’re comfortable.
6. Locust Pose
Locust pose, also known as Grasshopper’s pose, and Salabhasana(in Sanskrit) is an amazing yoga pose that gives you relief from your back pain. It is a reclining back-bending yoga pose.
Although it might look easy to practice, you need to do it carefully. It stretches the legs, arms, buttocks, and vertebral column.
Locust pose not only relieves you from back pain, but it also has many other health benefits like it stimulates your abdominal organs, improves body posture, stretches your shoulders, belly, chest, etc.
How to do Locust pose? Steps of Locust pose
- Lay down in prone position and keep your arms beside you.
- Now slowly lift your head, legs, arms and torso upwards, off the floor.
- As you lift your upper spine, reach your arms back towards your feet.
- Keep your chest lifted and your collarbone wide open.
- Now gaze at your cheeks and keep breathing normally and evenly.
- Hold this pose for 20-30 seconds. Then lower your body onto the ground and keep your right ear onto the ground/yoga mat, relax and take breaths.
So guys, these are the yoga poses to practice daily on empty stomach, and then you can see the amazing results by yourself. These are the best yoga poses for back pain relief. Anyone from small children to old age people can practice these yoga poses.
Also Read: Yoga poses to improve your posture
Seeing changes in your body take time, so be patient and practice yoga daily. You’ll not only get relief from back pain but you will also have the other mentioned benefits of these yoga poses.
I hope this blog was helpful and informational to you. If you liked this blog then share it with your friends and family on Facebook and other social media.
If you love doing yoga, and reading yoga and lifestyle blogs then check out our website YogaHolism for more.
Thanks for reading. Stay Healthy and Keep doing Yoga.