We’ve been doing yoga for past thousands of years. It is known for its amazing benefits it gives that are helpful to us, both physically and mentally.
One such benefit of all is the belly fat loss. Everyone in this generation is tired of trying to lose their belly fat. People try many different techniques and shortcuts but they don’t work.
The only way of losing belly fat fast is doing exercise, workout, and yoga. There are so many yoga asanas that help us losing our belly fat.
Also, people nowadays don’t have the time and energy to go to the gym and do a rough workout, and this makes it even more hard to lose the extra fat in our body.
Also Read: 6 yoga poses for back pain relief
So, to make it easy and fast, I am going to tell you the amazing yoga poses for belly fat loss.
The Yoga Poses for Weight Loss
Here I have covered 6 main yoga poses to lose belly fat, let’s describe each one by one.
1. Seated Forward Bend
Seated Forward Bend, also known as Paschimottanasana is an amazing yoga pose that helps you with losing your belly fat.
Its name describes itself as in this pose, you need to sit and bend forward. It is a beginner’s yoga pose.
How to do Seated Forward Bend? – Steps
- Sit on the flat surface and stretch your legs outward.
- Now inhale, raise your arms and move your body forward while exhaling.
- Now interlock your fingers beyond your toes, and keep your nose touching your knees.
- Hold the pose for 5 seconds or more if you’re comfortable.
- Inhale and come back to the starting position.
- You can repeat it for 3-4 times.
2. Triangle Pose
Triangle pose, also known as Trikonasana in Sanskrit is one of the best yoga pose that gives you relief from back pain. It stretches almost your whole body and helps you in losing your extra pounds in the belly.
Apart from giving reducing belly fat, it has so many other health benefits like stretching your legs, arms, thighs, hamstrings, calves, hips. It is also therapeutic for neck pain, infertility, and anxiety.
How to do Triangle Pose? – Steps
- Stand straight and keep your legs wide apart.
- Now keep your right foot out at 90 degrees and keep your left foot in at 15 degrees, and your arms wide on both sides.
- Keep your weight equal on both your legs.
- Now inhale deeply than while exhaling, bend your body to the right side and downward from the hips, making your right hand going down while right going upwards.
- Keep your waist straight & eyes open.
- Now rest right hand on your ankle or toes, and left hand upwards; towards the ceiling.
- Stretch your body and keep taking long deep breaths.
- Hold this position for 20-25 seconds and relax your body as you practice Trikonasana.
- To come back to the starting position, come up as you inhale and bring your arms downwards on your sides.
- You can repeat it on another side too.
3. Mountain Pose
Mountain pose is also known as Tadasana and is considered one of the easy yoga pose. It is a standing yoga pose.
It is an amazing and very beneficial yoga pose that stimulates your nervous system, helps in losing belly fat, improves your posture, improves your digestion, and has many other benefits.
Also Read: 5 yoga poses to improve your posture
How to do Mountain pose? Steps of Tadasana
- Stand straight and keep your feet at some distance apart, on a flat surface.
- Keep your hands hanging alongside your body and keep your body straight and look in front.
- Now take a deep breath, raise your toes and stretch your body gently upwards and balance yourself on your heels.
- Be in this position for 10 to 30 seconds or as long as you can.
- Now come back to the starting position gently while exhaling.
- You can repeat it 10 times.
4. Boat Pose
Boat pose is also known as Navasana or Naukasana in Sanskrit. It is a seated yoga pose of modern yoga.
Boat pose stimulates our abdominal area and helps in losing belly fat. It also stimulates our kidneys.
It might be a little difficult for people who are not much flexible but you’ll learn to do it by practice.
How to do Boat Pose? Steps of Naukasana
- Sit on a yoga mat or flat surface and keep your legs straight.
- Now slightly lean back and lift your feet off the yoga mat while exhaling.
- Now gently extend your legs in the front and keep your shins parallel to the floor.
- Then stretch your arms outward alongside your legs.
- Hold this position for 5-10 seconds then return to the starting position by bending your knees.
5. Standing Forward Bend
Standing Forward Bend is a beginner’s yoga pose. It is considered a great yoga pose to reduce belly fat.
Apart from helping in losing belly fat, it also relaxes the tired muscles in our body and relieves stress.
How to do Standing Forward Bend? – Steps
- You can start it from Tadasana position. Keep your arms straight beside your thighs.
- Now exhale and then bend forward but not using your waist, but by using your hip joints.
- Your chest and stomach should be in front of your thighs.
- Beginners tend to bend their knees to attain Uttanasana.
- It might be easier for flexible people to bend down without bending their knees.
- Now try to bring you head to your knees. Then try to grip the back of your ankles.
- Hold this position for 20-30 seconds and keep breathing normally.
- Now slowly come back to the starting position by putting your hands on your hips, while inhaling.
- Relax yourself and exhale.
6. Sun Salutation – Surya Namaskar
Surya Namaskar means giving salute to the sun and that’s why it is also known as Sun Salutationtoo. Surya Namaskar is the yoga practice comprising of around 12 yoga poses which are interlinked to each other.
Surya Namaskar’s sequence basically includes Standing poses to Downward poses to again Standing pose. There are many variations made for these 12 asanas too.
To know all about Sun Salutation, read Sun Salutation.
So, Practice these yoga poses daily and you’ll see the changes in your body within a month. These are the best yoga poses for belly fat loss.
I hope you liked this blog and found it helpful for you.
Also Read: 5 yoga poses for weight loss for beginners
If you liked this blog then don’t forget to share it with your friends and family on Facebook and other social media. Thanks for reading.