Bound angle pose is a sitting yoga pose. It opens up your hip joints and stretches your lower body. It is a great yoga pose for pregnant women. It is one of the best yoga poses as it helps so many health problems.
Bound angle has various different names too. In Sanskrit, it is called Baddha Konasana as Baddha means Bound, Kona means Angle and Asanaas Pose. It is also known as Cobbler’s Pose as cobblers sit like the pose, and it is also known as Butterfly pose as the up and down movement makes it look like the stance of the butterfly.
Bound angle pose is a great yoga pose for the overall health of the body. It helps with better flexibility of hip joints, helps with insomnia, improves the posture of your back, etc. So let’s know all the health benefits of Bound angle pose in brief.
Also Read: 5 yoga poses to improve your posture
Benefits of Bound Angle Pose
Bound angle pose has many health benefits. Let’s know all the health benefits of Bound angle pose are:
- Helps in better functioning of internal organs
- Improves blood circulation
- Improves hip flexibility
- Relives insomnia and fatigue
- Stretches your inner thighs, knees and groins
- It stimulates your abdominal organs
- Reduces your stress and anxiety
- Stimulates the prostate glands
- Helpful for pregnant women; leads to easy childbirth
- Known to cure infertility
- Improves your pasture
- Cures high blood pressure and asthma
- It softens your shoulders
Steps of Bound Angle Pose
- Sit erect on the yoga mat on the flat floor. Keep your back and legs straight.
- Now bend your knees while exhaling, and touch your legs’ soles to each other.
- Then hold your big toes with your hands, keep your hands straight.
- Hold this position for 3-4 minutes.
- To come back to the starting position, inhale and straighten your legs.
Precautions to take while doing Bound Angle Pose
There are some precautions that need to be taken care of before you practice yoga.
- Avoid practicing this pose if you’ve knee or groin injury.
- Don’t practice it if you are feeling sick
Preparatory poses for Bound angle pose
The following yoga poses are the poses done for preparing your body for bound angle pose.
Follow-up poses for Bound Angle Pose
After practicing Buddha Konasana, you can further practice these following yoga poses.
So, Bound angle pose is a great and very beneficial yoga pose for everyone. It is very easy and you can do it very easily. If you like it, you can check out our other yoga blogs too.
Also Read: Yoga poses for mental health
I hope this blog was helpful to you. If you’ve any queries or feedback then you can comment down them below.
I hope you liked this blog. If you love yoga and love reading yoga & lifestyle content then follow our website YogaHolismfor more.
If you liked this blog then share it with your friends and family on social media. Thanks for reading.