Bridge Pose is a Backbend yoga pose which strengthens your back and legs. It is also called Setu Bandha Sarvangasana in Sanskrit, which means “Construction of Bridge”.
Steps of Bridge Pose – how to do Setu Bandha Sarvangasana?
Bridge pose is an easy yoga pose but you need to do it carefully, step by step, to perform it effectively and perfectly or else you might injure your back or neck. The steps of Bridge pose are:
- Lie down on the flat floor in the supine position.
- Now bent your knees, relax & breathe normally.
- Place your feet parallel to each other and hip-width apart.
- Keep your arms flat on the surface & your heels near your hand’s fingers.
- Now slowly start lifting your spine and stop when your body is resting only on your upper back and feet.
- Hold this position and take 3-4 deep breathes.
- Now come down to the starting position slowly, vertebrae by vertebrae.
- Relax and breathe. Keep your feet bent if you want to repeat it.
Benefits of Bridge Pose
There are many benefits of Bridge pose. Bridge pose is considered as easy, and it is for beginners yoga pose. The various benefits of Bridge Pose are:
- Opens the lungs and chest which improves respiratory system
- Helps regulate metabolism
- Improves digestion
- Strengthens your shoulders and revitalizes your legs
- It rejuvenates people who work entire day sitting in front of computer or driving
- Stimulates abdominal organs & thyroid glands
- Helps relieving the symptoms of menopause and menstrual pain
- Improves flexibility of the spine and hip
- It strengthens your back and legs
Precautions to take while doing Bridge Pose
It’s better to take precautions while doing any exercise or meditation. The precautions to take while doing Bridge pose are:
- Avoid performing Bridge pose if you are suffering from Backache or have any back injury
- Do not move your head left or right.
- Avoid doing it if you have a shoulder injury.
- Do not practice it if you have Facet syndrome, Fracture, and severe Osteoporosis or Sacroiliac joint dysfunction.
Bridge pose is one of the best yoga poses for rejuvenating for feeling energized throughout the day. It stretches and strengthens your back and legs. Keep doing yoga and keep your mind and body mentally and physically healthy.
How did you like this blog? Do you also practice Bridge pose or meditation?
If yes, how do you do it and what precautions you take while doing it? Share your tips and views with us in the comment section below.
Hope this blog was helpful to you. If you like it, do share it with your family and friends on Facebook and social media.
Keep doing Yoga with us & Follow our website for more Yoga and meditation related information.
Thanks for reading.