Yoga is becoming increasingly popular for good reason. It has many benefits. It teaches you to harmonize mind and body through breathing exercises, physical exercises, and meditation. Yoga promotes better blood circulation by relieving stress and anxiety. Many branches of yoga help in fighting various problems.
Today we will discuss Yoga Nidra. How Yoga Nidra is a Magical Practice? Yoga Nidra sounds great but what exactly is Yoga Nidra? The benefits of Yoga Nidra are plentiful and the practice is soothing, relaxing, and deeply relaxing.
Also Read: Imagery Meditation
Where does yoga Nidra come from?
Yoga Nidra is described in a philosophy called Sankhya, which was first written about 700 BCE. People have practiced and expanded on these teachings for centuries – Patanjali and the Buddha being some of the more famous proponents.
It encompasses an incredible breath of yoga Nidra experience and practical guidance, the practice of yoga Nidra is an experiential map of the history of meditation.
What is Yoga Nidra?
Yoga Nidra is a way of achieving comfortable relaxation. By doing yoga postures, your body becomes warm and yoga Nidra helps in cooling down your body.
Yoga Nidra asana works best when practiced as a way to kick off a yoga session. In this, you practice relaxing your body by focusing your attention on each part of the body. The energy that your body receives after your yoga session is conserved and used to relax the whole body.
Benefits of practicing Yoga Nidra:-
There are many benefits which are as follows-
1. Helps Fight Insomnia
Yoga Nidra helps in improving the quality of sleep. It removes any problem of your insomnia soon. It helps to train your body and mind to relax so that you can more easily sink into a deep sleep. It is said that forty-five minutes of intense yoga Nidra is equivalent to about three hours of sleep.
2. Helps to manage type 2 diabetes
People who practice yoga Nidra can better manage the symptoms of type 2 diabetes because it regulates blood glucose levels.
3. Reduces Chronic Pain
Continuous practice of Yoga Nidra reduces all kinds of pain in the body.
4. Reduces Stress
Yoga Nidra helps people to reduce their psychological problems. It is also being used to treat people who have problems related to stress and anxiety.
How should you prepare for Yoga Nidra?
Yoga Nidra is often done at the end of yoga asanas. The body temperature drops during the practice of Yoga Nidra, so keep yourself warm or a blanket nearby if needed. Yoga Nidra helps promote relaxation. The place where you wish to practice is peaceful and free from disturbance or clutter.
- Connect to the desire of your heart
You need yoga Nidra visualization to keep in mind what you want the most. It can be good health, a life partner, or anything very important to you. You imagine that you are fulfilling this desire and every moment you remain in this feeling.
- Set an Intent
For each session, you need to set an intention whether it is for relaxation or relaxation or something else. You have to focus your mind thus and feel it with your whole mind and body. You set your intention and affirm it within your being.
- Find Your Inner Strength
To find your inner strength you are to find a thought, place, experience, or person that makes you feel safe and secure in your mind. You aim to feel self-comfort within the body so that you can be there in your time of need. Or feel a sense of security and comfort during exercise or your day.
- Body Scan
You have to gradually focus your attention on your body. You have to learn to understand each part of your body and feel what is happening to it. This sleep helps you to become more aware of any problems within your physical body that you do not notice at other times of the day. Feel every sensation coming from different parts of your body as you slowly move your meditation up and down.
- Breath Awareness
Be more aware of how you breathe in and out, and feel the movement of air through your nostrils and lungs. Yoga Nidra fills your body with energy as your chest rises and falls.
- Witness Consideration
When you find yourself thinking about yourself or the beliefs you hold on to, make sure the thoughts are always positive.
- Experience the Joy
You feel the joy and well-being flow through your entire body. As you exhale, welcome all these feelings into your body and feel how they move through every part of your body.
- Look at Yourself
This sleep is all about becoming more aware of your needs and I-consciousness. You have to see yourself as a subject, detach from your emotions and allow yourself to sink into a sense of self-awareness.
- Reflect on Your Journey
Yoga Nidra session is like a journey so at the end of each Nidra you should take some time to reflect on each step.
Steps of Yoga Nidra:-
- You lay the blanket or yoga mat on the ground and lie down in Shavasana (lying on your back).
- Close your eyes and bring the whole body to rest.
- Initially, take deep breaths and slowly come back to normal position. . Keep in mind that you have to take simple breathing.
- After this, you have to calm your mind and forget all the thoughts running in your mind.
- You can meditate on your breathing to make the brain empty of thoughts, this makes it easier to calm the brain.
- Shift your attention to the right part of the body.
- After this, bring your attention to the right groin, right thigh, and right hip respectively. After this, become aware of your entire right foot.
- Follow the meditation process adopted for the right leg for the left leg as well.
- Now take your attention to all other parts of the body like genitals, abdomen, navel, and thorax (chest).
- You shift your attention to the right shoulder, arm, palm, fingers.
- Carry the same process to the left shoulder, arm, palm, neck, and face, and the top of the head.
- Now take a deep breath. Feel the waves in your body. You rest in this position for a few minutes.
- Be aware of your body and the environment around you. Lie on your right side for some time. Exhale through the left nostril, due to which there will be a feeling of coldness in the body.
- Now taking your time, slowly got up and sat down.
- Now slowly open your eyes.
Essential Tips for Better Yoga Nidra:-
- Here are some tips to make yoga Nidra techniques even better
- You take time after each yoga session to practice yoga Nidra.
- You should not practice it after lunch as you may fall asleep very quickly and may not be able to experience any benefits of this practice.
- Your environment should be calm during the practice of Yoga Nidra.
- Be comfortable to ensure better relaxation of your mind.
- Try not to put yourself under stress as the whole purpose of yoga Nidra is to help yourself to consciously relax.
- Don’t worry too much about the random thoughts that pop into your mind when you first start practicing.
- You play some soothing music for better peace and relaxation.
- Use soft light instead of harsh white light because soft light gives relief.
- After you finish the exercise, roll onto your right side before getting up to allow air to flow through the left nostril and cool down the body
1. What is the time to do Yoga Nidra?
A- The best time to do yoga Nidra is after completing yoga practice. Another great time to practice this is right before going to bed so that you can get a good night’s sleep.
2. What is the difference between Yoga Nidra and Shavasana?
A- Shavasana is an asana posture, whereas yoga Nidra is the state of consciousness that occurs between waking and sleeping. While you are in Shavasana posture, you can achieve Yoga Nidra but both are completely different from each other.
3. How is Yoga Nidra different from Meditation?
A- Yoga Nidra is about relaxation whereas meditation is about being alert. When it comes to meditation you should sit up straight and concentrate your mind. But with yoga Nidra you allow yourself to go into a semi-hypnotic state between sleep and wakefulness.
Yoga Nidra is a better practice to the concept of turning your attention inward without being distracted by the things going on around you. By mastering yoga Nidra, you can meditate in a better way.
In the end- You must practice Yoga Nidra in your life, this will change the way you live your life. You will experience a feeling of great peace and you will also know what religion is. Doing yoga Nidra is a great experience. Please feel free to tell us by giving your valuable suggestions that how Yogaholism can be made even better? Your suggestions will make this website more objective. And will be helpful in making it successful. You can comment below or mail us your suggestions!