Yoga can be practiced at any age. It is suitable for people of all ages and does not require any ‘stunt’ skills. In today’s generation back pain is most common issue. To get rid out of pain back we can practice Ustrasana.Continue reading “Ustrasana- Camel Pose”
With diabetes cases reaching record highs in recent times, new ways of treating the disease are being sought. India is the land that introduced the world to the healing powers of Yoga.Continue reading “Yogasana to Manage your Blood Sugar Level”
In today’s time, it is very important to practice yoga again to improve the lives of people. Your daily yoga practice gives inner and outer strength to the body. This practice helps in strengthening the immune system of your body and thus protects against various ailments.Continue reading “Pawanmuktasana- A Beneficial Pose in Digestion ”
We are all afraid of aging. As you age, greying of hair is a natural change. In today’s time, due to pollution and other physical changes, this common problem is being seen in people of all ages. Its effect is visible on your skin and hair. Today grey hair is a direct sign of aging but premature greying of hair is something that can bother you every day. It has a bad effect on your mind, but it also lowers your confidence.
This problem is being seen equally in both men and women. In today’s time, the youth are also very much troubled by this common problem. It is common to change the color of the hair with increasing age, but nowadays premature greying of hair is becoming a matter of concern and the reason behind this can be stress, lifestyle changes, and sometimes natural deficiency of nutrients.
Why does hair turn grey?
As we age, the activity of melanocyte cells slows or stops. Thus, when the hair stops getting pigment, it turns grey. Today many factors can be responsible for premature graying of hair.
1. Genetic Factors- If a person has a family history of premature graying, then there is a possibility of having gray hair earlier in life.
2. Nutrient deficiency- Lack of minerals like iron and copper in your body is the reason for premature graying of hair. Apart from this, vitamin B12 and vitamin B3 (niacin) deficiency are behind most cases of premature graying of hair. Thus, in many diseases such as kwashiorkor, and celiac disease, protein deficiency is also a cause of premature graying of hair.
3. Diseases- Several diseases such as Vitiligo (immune cells that attack pigment-producing cells of the body), neurofibromatosis (tumor growth along the nerves), and hypothyroidism also cause premature graying of hair.
4. Stress- In today’s era, problems like stress, anxiety, high blood pressure, sleep problems, skin disorders, etc. are also becoming the reason for premature graying of hair.
5. Pollution/weather conditions- Nowadays pollutants in the air cause free radicals and oxidative radical stress. Which damages our melanin cells, due to which the speed of graying of hair accelerates.
6. Chemical Hair Products- Our daily use products like shampoo and conditioner products are causing premature graying of your hair by reducing the amount of melanin
How does yoga help with gray hair?
If you have thin hair and you want to improve the quality of your hair then you have to improve the blood flow to your scalp. Your scalp needs adequate nutrition so that your hair can grow normally. If you don’t get enough nutrition, you might not get the quality hair you want.
Yoga along with your diet also helps you deal with falling hair and other hair problems. Inverted asanas in yoga also increase better blood flow to your scalp, which helps the blood carry nutrients to the cells of your scalp. As your scalp becomes healthier, your hair also becomes thicker, and stronger.
Similarly, pranayama along with yoga asanas like Anulom Vilom (alternate breathing of the nostrils) and Kapalbhati (cleansing of the breath) helps in improving your lung capacity.
Let us discuss some Yogasanas and Pranayama in this blog which increases the blood circulation in the scalp and promotes healthy hair growth.
Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
This asana is also called Ustrasana or camel pose, just as a camel can live easily in the difficult conditions of the desert; similarly, if this asana is practiced regularly, it removes every physical and mental problem from the body. Ustrasana improves the flow system, respiratory system, muscles, bone marrow, endocrine, and digestive system of the body.
This asana works for every disease of diabetes, asthma, thyroid, parathyroid, spondylitis, or bronchitis. In this way, with regular practice of this asana, all hormones are balanced and mental stress is also reduced. In this way your body is balanced by reducing stress, you feel healthy. Your hair is healthy and the hair gets complete nutrition.
How to do it?
- To start this asana, sit on a yoga mat with your knees bent and your hands on your hips.
- Keep your knees and shoulders in line and the soles of your feet towards the ceiling.
- Now breathe in and apply pressure to move the lower spine forward. During this, you will feel full pressure on the navel.
- In this way, you turn your waist backward. Gently strengthen the grip of the palms on your feet.
- You leave your neck loose so that there is no tension on the neck.
- You maintain this posture for 30 to 60 seconds. After this, while exhaling, slowly release the posture and come back to the old state.
- Do not do this asana if you have a back or neck injury.
- If you have a complaint of high BP or low BP, then definitely consult a doctor before doing this asana.
- Stay away from this asana even if you have insomnia and migraine problem.
Sarvangasana is a Sanskrit word. Sarvangasana is made up of two words. The first word is Sarva which means complete. The second word is anga which means part. Sarvangasana is done by standing upside down on the shoulders. That is why it is also called Kandrasana.
This asana returns the circulation of blood to the brain, which helps in increasing the blood circulation in the body. The practice of Sarvangasana improves digestion and removes the problem of constipation. Proper digestion of food helps in maintaining a healthy daily life. Hair fall and breakage is one of the common problems today and it bothers almost everyone.
Nowadays, one of the reasons for graying of hair or hair loss is that the blood does not reach the head properly and the hair does not get nourishment. By doing Sarvangasana yoga, the flow of blood reaches the head well, and the hair becomes strong. With this asana, your hair growth is good and you get rid of many problems like hair fall, graying, etc.
How to do it?
- First of all, you lay the yoga mat on the ground
- By sitting in Sukhasana or Vajrasana, you normalize your breathing.
- Now lie down on your back.
- Keep your hands straight on the ground.
- Now slowly raise your legs, hips, and waist and come to the position of Ardha-Halasana.
- Now raise both your hands above the ground and support the back and the elbows of your hands should be on the ground.
- Now lift your hips and waist slightly and bring them straight to 90 degrees.
- Try that the toes are exactly in line with the nose and your chin should be close to the chest.
- Now you stay in this position for 30 seconds or according to your ability and keep breathing and exhaling.
- To come out of this posture, slowly bring the knees of the feet towards your forehead and keep the hands on the ground.
- Do not practice Sarvangasana during pregnancy.
- Do not practice Sarvangasana in case of any serious problem related to high blood pressure, disc, or waist.
- Do not practice this asana even if there is injury or pain in the neck or shoulder.
- Do not practice Sarvangasana even if you have a headache, fever, or any kind of serious physical problem.
- While practicing this asana, do not apply any kind of force from the body, you should practice this asana according to your physical ability.
Different types of yogasanas are performed to benefit each part of the body. On the other hand, if we talk about hair, then Balayam Yoga is a very effective name for hair-related problems. Balayam is made up of two different words in which the first word is Bala i.e. hair and the second is exercise.
This is the reason why it is called hair exercise. During this Asana Balayam Yoga, the nails of both hands are rubbed together. The reason for this is that rubbing nails helps in hair growth.
How to do it?
The effect of any yoga is only when the way of doing yoga is right. Balayam yoga can be practiced in the following ways.
- First of all, by laying a yoga mat in a quiet place, sit in the posture of Sukhasana.
- Now close your eyes and try to keep your mind calm.
- To calm your mind, take three or four long breaths and release slowly.
- Now turn the fingers of both your hands inwards and make half fists.
- After this, touch the nails of both hands to each other.
- Now rub the nails of both hands together. Take care not to rub the nails vigorously.
- Keep breathing and exhaling normally during this time.
- Balayama yoga can be done for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Do not do Balayam Yoga during pregnancy.
- People suffering from high blood pressure should also not do this yoga.
Anulom-Vilom Pranayama is very beneficial and important Pranayama. The word Anulom-Vilom Pranayama is made up of three words in which Anulom means right nostril and Vilom means left nostril and Pranayama means breathing.
With regular practice of Anulom-Vilom Pranayama, we take in extra pure oxygen and expel carbon dioxide i.e. polluted air. In this pranayama, pureblood reaches all the parts of the body through the heart and provides nourishment to them. This increases the efficiency of the lungs and increases the level of vitality.
Anulom Vilom Pranayama brings balance to both the hemispheres of the brain. By which blood circulation increases and all the nutrients reach our hair from the head. This pranayama reduces the level of mental stress.
How to do it?
- First of all, choose a clean place and put on a yoga mat.
- Now sit in the posture of Padmasana, if you cannot sit in Padmasana, then sit in Sukhasana.
- Keep your waist straight and close both eyes.
- You take a deep breath and release slowly then try to focus on yourself.
- Then you close the right nostril with the thumb of your right hand and take a deep breath slowly through the left nostril.
- Now close the right nostril with the middle finger with the left nostril. And while exhaling slowly, remove the thumb from the right nostril.
- You take a few seconds and take a deep breath through the right nostril.
- Now close the right nostril with the thumb of the right hand and exhale slowly while removing the middle of the right hand from the left nostril.
- In this way, one cycle of pranayama will be completed.
- You can do 4-5 rounds at a time.
You can do this process regularly for 10 minutes.
- Practice this pranayama on an empty stomach.
- If you practice this pranayama in the morning and you can do it even after 3 hours of eating.
- If you have a problem like asthma then do not practice this pranayama
Kapalbhati is considered a part of Pranayama. This rapid exhalation process is done, which can cure many types of diseases. Kapalbhati is a method of purifying the body from within. Kapalbhati is made up of two words ‘Kapal’ which means ‘forehead’ and ‘Bhati’ which means ‘bright’.
By doing Kapalbhati, all the parts of the body can work properly and it also helps in purifying the blood. By doing Kapalbhati regularly, the mind becomes calm and its glow also starts appearing on the forehead of the person. Kapalbhati Pranayama is an effective yoga practice that creates a new life. It is purification.
It is used to clean the internal nasal cavity for proper breathing and to avoid any bacterial infection in the nasal passages. Kapalbhati is also done to increase the ability of your lungs to take in proper oxygen. This pranayama produces a state of hyperventilation by reducing the carbon dioxide (CO2) percentage in the blood.
How to do it?
- If you start doing it in the right way then you can get more benefit from it.
- To do Kapalbhati Pranayama, first sit on a mat in an open environment.
- Keeping your head and back straight, look in front and bend your knees and place your hands on your knees. You close your eyes and focus on your breath.
- Now while exhaling through both the nostrils, contract the stomach inward. Do not put unnecessary tension while you exhale?
- You should keep in mind that only and only the abdominal muscles come into action while inhaling and exhaling.
- You do this continuously for 2 to 3 minutes in the initial days. As soon as you start doing it well, then do it for 5 minutes.
In the stomach and heart-related diseases, this should not be done without the advice of a yoga guru.
- It should not be used in weakness and fever in the body.
- Women should not do this pranayama during or immediately after pregnancy.
- This pranayama should not be done during menstruation.
- It should not be done in problems like hernia, blood pressure, and ulcer.
- If you feel dizzy or feel pain while doing it, stop doing it.
- Never do this pranayama loud and fast.
In the end- We can say that hair care is important not only for our appearance but also for our overall hygiene. Having healthy hair can help us look our best and ensure that our hair and scalp are healthy.
The look of our hair is important to many people and has a significant impact on our self-esteem. If you do regular yoga practice as mentioned above, then your hair will be healthy and thick. In this way, you can control your hair problems.
Do share this article with your friends and relatives, If you have any queries related to this article. Please feel free to ask in the comment box
Yoga is defined as a union with God. Yoga is the art of living life from the mental, spiritual, and physical dimensions. Earlier people used to practice yoga and meditation in their daily life to lead a healthy life. Nowadays the practice of yoga is decreasing day by day in a busy environment.Continue reading “Yoga Postures for Headache Relief”
In today’s busy and stressfull life, it has become difficult to keep ourselves healthy. We do not have time for yoga for exercise and for ourselves, so today we are taking five yoga exercises for you. By practicing every day, you can keep yourself completely fit and healthy.Continue reading “Yoga For Health”
Yoga is an extraordinary example of self-development and self-realization that teaches us how to develop our full potential in our multidimensional life. It brings a deep harmony and unshakable balance in body and mind to awaken our latent potential to our higher consciousness which is the true aim of human development. Many methods of yoga range from physical postures to breathing exercises and meditations based on philosophies and natural ways of life.Continue reading “Top 10 Yoga Asanas for Complete Health”
Yoga is not just a set of asanas, but it is the union of body, mind, and soul. It is a highly scientific exercise on how to keep the body fit and the mind calm and orderly. Today the whole world is going through tough times, we all are facing many challenges.Continue reading “Basics Yoga Routine Postures for Beginner”
Nowadays, in this run-of-the-mill life, women neither eat nor sleep on time, nor are they able to take care of their health. In today’s time, the condition of women is more important because they have to maintain a balance between the two sides of the house and outside.Continue reading “5 Easy and Effective yoga asanas for PCOD/PCOS”
Today’s modern life gives us the lure of pleasures and facilities. The cost we pay for it in the form of obesity, high blood pressure, heart problems and we paves the way for mental health issues that beset society Amidst today’s modern ill health. The science of Yoga is a ray of hope that illuminates our path with equanimity, harmony, and well-being.Continue reading “Bakasana- The Crane Pose”
Yogasanas help you stabilize the knee and strengthen the muscles it bring the knee into proper alignment. Yogasana help in to stretch legs and tight muscles. It prevents blockage of arteries by keeping the cholesterol in the body under control.Continue reading “Top 3 Beneficial Yogasana for Knee Pain”
To get the benefits of yoga, it is necessary to practice yoga daily. In this stressful lifestyle, exercising or practicing yoga is very important and helpful in every age. Yoga is the cheapest and free treatment for all the health problems we face.Continue reading “Virabhadarasana- The Warrior Pose”
A healthy person can earn a lot of profit in his life. Regular yoga is very important to lead a healthy life. In today’s modern life, stress has increased a lot and the surrounding environment is also not clean. Nowadays better health means a better life. We cannot calculate the benefits of Yoga.Continue reading “Ardha Chakrasana- The Half Wheel Pose”
Yoga is the easiest way to keep your body healthy. Yoga provides internal energy to the body which helps in protecting it from various diseases and helps in bringing a balance in the behavior of our mind and our body. Yoga is an extremely rich and highly complex spiritual practice. This means that it connects the individual soul with the universal soul.Continue reading “Mayurasana- An Excellent Detoxifier ”
We all need a full night’s sleep as much as taking a balanced and nutritious diet. But in this hectic life, it is becoming a bit difficult to get better sleep. Due to this, our body does not get complete rest and then we feel tired throughout the day. Due to these, they also fall prey to many other problems like stress, anxiety, irritability, and serious heart problems like increased cholesterol.Continue reading “5 Effective Yogic Practices for Sound Sleep”
Nowadays people are starting to understand the importance of yoga. Due to this his inclination towards various activities of Yoga has also increased. Everyone be it child, young or old is opting for yoga to stay healthy, lose weight, increase stamina in the body, have a glowing face, have healthy hair, and maintain fitness. Along with the spread of Indian culture, the importance of yoga is being recognized by foreigners as well.Continue reading “Butterfly Pose (Titliasana)- A wonderful yogic practice”
The practice of yoga has increased in the last few decades. While some consider yoga to be just another popular fashion and associate it with the new age, others attest to how amazing this form of exercise sounds. Setu-bandhasana or Bridge pose is an important supine yoga pose. This asana is helpful in problems related to thyroid, back pain, neck pain, and nervous system.Continue reading “Setu bandhasana- A boon for hormonal problems and back pain”
Irregular periods have become a common thing nowadays. Menstruation is of 28 days, but it can range from 21 days to 38 days. It is irregular if you have not had more than 35 days or experienced bleeding within 21 days of your last period. These include changes in hormonal levels, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), excessive exercise, thyroid problems, pregnancy, breastfeeding, uterine fibroids, intrauterine devices, and stress.Continue reading “3 Easy and Effective Yoga Asana for Irregular Period”
The tradition of doing yoga has been going on in our country since ancient times. By the way, there are many types of yoga available all over the world, but Padahastasana is the most different and unique asana.Continue reading “Padahastasana- An effective asana to increase height”
Health is not merely the absence of disease but is an active expression of life. Yoga is a way of living and provides holistic health. Today countless people are opting for yoga asanas because the benefits of being a regular yoga practitioner are innumerable. Yoga improves our health and wellness, gives strength, stamina, agility, detoxifies the body, and builds the immune system.Continue reading “Parvatasana- The Mountain Pose”