Chair pose is a great yoga pose for strengthening your thighs, feet and toning your core muscles. It is called Utkatasana in Sanskrit. Utkatameans fierce and Asana is pose.
Practicing chair pose is just like sitting on an imaginary chair. You have to make a position like you’re sitting on a chair. It improves your stamina and strengthens your hips and thighs.
Doing chair pose is easy. But you need to do it step-by-step do it perfectly without injuring yourself.
Steps of Chair Pose
The steps of the Chair pose are:
- Stand straight in Tadasana position. Keep your feet some distance apart.
- Stretch your hands forward and keep them parallel to the ground, and your palms facing downwards.
- Now bend down your knees and bring down your pelvis like you’re sitting on a chair.
- Try to bring your things parallel to the floor.
- Now hold this pose for 30-40 seconds and bring your body back to the starting position.
- You can repeat it for 4-5 times.
Benefits of Chair Pose
- Increase ankle mobility
- It strengthens your abdominal muscles
- Balance your body
- Strengthen your lower back
- Improves focus and confidence
- Exercises your spine, chest muscles and hips
- Boosts your immune system
- Open and stretches your shoulders and chest
- Stimulates heart and your diaphragm
- Strengthen and mobilize your legs, feet and ankles
Also Read: 5 yoga poses for weight loss for beginners
Precautions to take while doing Chair Pose
- Do not overarch the lumbar spine
- Avoid doing it if you’ve Arthritis
- Do not practice Chair pose if your blood pressure is low
- Chair pose should not be practiced if you suffer from Insomnia or headaches frequently
- Don’t practice it if you have joint or knee-related problems
Preparatory poses for Chair Pose
To do Chair pose perfectly, you can practice it by doing below yoga poses.
Follow-up poses for Chair Pose
Once you master Chair pose, you can further practice these yoga poses:
So guys, this was all you needed to know about Chair pose(Uttkanasana). Hope this blog was helpful to you.
If you liked this blog then share it with your friends and family on social media.
Do you also love doing yoga? If yes then what yoga poses do you love to practice? Share your answers, comments, and feedback on the blog in the comment section below.
Thanks for reading!!