Nowadays it’s not easy to keep our bodies fit and healthy in this busy life but two minutes of Chakrasana yoga helps with flexibility in the body, posture correction, relaxing our mind and keeps us healthy and fit in many ways.
In this blog, I am going to tell you all about Chakrasana, it’s steps and precautions to take while doing it.
What is Chakrasana?
Chakrasana also called wheel pose and Urdhva Dhanurasana is a yoga pose that gives flexibility to the spine, stimulates energy flow in the entire body. It is called wheel pose as it forms wheel-like, semi-circle posture.
It stretches lungs, abdomen and thorax (middle part of the body between neck and waist). Chakrasana engages the legs, shoulders, arms and pelvis. It is an energy booster yoga aasan.
How To Do Chakrasana? Steps
- Lay down straight on your back on the flat floor.
- Bring your both hands near your both ears and behind your shoulders of both sides.
- Keep your fingers opened up and towards the shoulders.
- Bend your knees as to keep the sole of the feet on the floor and near the hips.
- Try and feel comfortable in this position and then balance your weight on your limbs.
- Take a long and deep breath
- Now start raising your body slowly in the shape of an arch while supporting the weight of your upper body on the back and top of your head.
- Lift your head and trunk from the ground and straighten your hands and legs as much as possible.
- Keep your neck relaxed. Lift the heels and maintain balance on foot fingers and hands and slowly lower the heels.
- Remain in this position as long as you feel comfortable and return to the floor slowly while exhaling. Slowly lower down the body to the floor.
Benefits of Chakrasana
- Chakrasana is helpful in menstrual problems. It helps in circulation your blood flow and it helps with menstruation.
- It helps in weight loss as you naturally lose fat by doing this aasan.
- It strengthens the muscles of back, legs and arms.
- Chakrasana also reduces Osteoporosis and asthma problems.
- It balances your nervous system.
- It also energizes you and helps with depression.
- Gives you good physique.
- Strengthens lower back, wrists, spine, legs, lower back, arms and glutes.
Beginner’s Tips for Chakrasana:
Chakrasana might not be easy yoga pose for beginners. You need to be very gentle with your body. Some people can also harm their back or arms while doing it.
So, In order to do Chakrasana perfectly, try doing easy yoga poses to check whether your body is ready for Chakrasana. You can do Yoga poses like Setu Aasan and Bridge Pose prepare yourself for Wheel pose.
Precautions To Take While Doing Chakrasana
There are some things to keep in mind while doing Wheel Pose. These help in doing yoga better and avoid any injuries and problems. These are as follows:
- Don’t do it if you feel too much pain.
- Start with easy yoga poses. Before doing wheel-pose, start doing easy yoga aasans like Setu Aasan, etc to prepare your body for it.
- Take a deep and long breath while raising your body and exhale slowly while lowering your body.
- Keep your body relaxed.
When To Avoid Chakrasana
- Avoid doing Chakrasana if your blood pressure is very high or low.
- Don’t do Chakrasana if you feel dizzy while or after doing it.
- If you have had back surgery or severe pain problems.
- Chakrasana should not be done by women after 3 months of pregnancy.
- Avoid doing it if you’ve had abdominal surgery. Do not practice Chakrasana if you are suffering from Hernia.
- If you have spinal or cardiac problems, do not practice Chakrasan.
Chakrasana is very beneficial and effective if performed correctly. It keeps you active, physically fit and full of energy.
How did you like this blog? Do you also do Chakrasana? If yes, how do you do it and what precautions you take while doing it? Share your tips and views with us in the comment section below. Hope this blog was beneficial to you. Thanks for reading.