Insomnia is a disorder where you can’t sleep properly which is affecting millions of people. In this disorder, you can’t fall asleep during the night. This may cause many problems in people.
In this situation, you might feel sleepy during the daytime. That leads to mood swings, irritation. It is feeling of being unwell both physically and mentally. It also causes many chronic diseases.
Causes of Insomnia
- Disruption in the natural environment – Because of extreme heat or cold, work transfer, environmental noise.
- Psychological Issue- Depression disorder, anxiety disorder, any other burden can lead to Insomnia.
Also Read: yoga poses for mental health and inner peace
- Medical problem- Any disease can lead to Insomnia like heart attack, or even a normal fever, fear, etc.
- Other reasons- If you sleep next to the person who snores. So these are things which mainly cause insomnia where you can’t fall asleep
There are other many reasons which are found. According to some survey, the light which comes from electronic gadgets like mobile phones, computers can affect our sleep too much. It increases our sleep time. So we should definitely avoid using electronic gadgets more.
Symptoms of Insomnia
- Late sleep during the night
- Problem in sleeping
- Waking up early
- Feeling tired even after night-sleep
- Daytime laziness
- Can’t focus properly on work
- Depression, Anxiety, Frustration, Irritability
- Headaches, Tension
Types of Insomnia
Insomnia is a disorder with sleep and now we will discuss insomnia according to its duration.
- Transient Insomnia- When you can’t fall asleep up to three nights.
- Acute Insomnia- In this situation when you can’t sleep up to some weeks. This is also called short-term Insomnia.
- Chronic Insomnia- This last up to a month. People with any age can face Insomnia. Adult females are more affected by this problem than the adult male.
Also Read: How to increase self-control?
There are people who face this problem more are:
- Menopausal Women
- The elderly
- Drugs users
- Pregnant women
Treatment of Insomnia
If the reason behind this problem is known then it’s likely to cure faster, like through medicines.
- Prescribed sleeping pill
- Sleeping aids.
Home Treatment for Insomnia
- You can sleep less but exercise daily. You can exercise, do jogging or other exercises will make you tired and this can help you in your sleep.
- Yoga or Meditation- through Yoga, the meditation you can feel relaxed. This can calm you down. You will feel less depressed and this can really help you. Meditation and Yoga is the best therapy to reduce tensions. So these two can really help you well.
- Only go to bed when you are sleepy. Avoid sleep during day time. Avoid using gadgets, television, etc.
- Eat healthily.
- Give time to yourself. Take less tension. Avoid over-thinking.
- Consult a doctor if you are facing problems with your sleep.
- Keep your bedtime constant. Fix your time when to sleep and when to wake up.
- Stay active always. Keep doing things which makes you busy. It is the best therapy to sleep.
- Limit or avoid caffeine or alcohol. This can wake you up. So, avoid having these things.
- Get out of bed when you are not sleepy. Have nap as much as you need after that don’t be on the bed.
Also Read: How to stop overthinking?
So, these are the ways which can help you to fight with Insomnia problem.
I hope this article will help you in case you are having problems with sleep.
So guys, I am Shristi. If this blog helps you in any way do let me know in the comment section. Please subscribe to this blog for more interesting and useful blogs and share this too with your friends.
If you have any query just let me know in the comment section.