Swami Vivekananda used to say – “A healthy body is a prerequisite for a healthy mind”.
Yoga is a practice done since ancient times, which not only relaxes the human body but also calms the mind. We just need to breathe well to stay young and live healthy forever.
In today’s fast-paced life, where people become irresponsible about their health. We are doing almost everything wrong. We don’t eat well, don’t sleep well, don’t drink well and even we don’t breathe well. The basis of a healthy body is yoga and the basis of yoga is Pranayama.
Pranayama is one of the eight important parts of yoga which is known to cure the biggest diseases of the body. There are many types of Pranayama and one of them is Kapalbhati Pranayama. Kapalbhati Pranayama is considered to be the most important of all Pranayama. It is believed that this is the only yoga practice through which it is possible to cure 80 to 90 percent of the diseases of the body. Kapalbhati Pranayama is considered best not only for physical but also for mental health. Who doesn’t want a Fit & Healthy Body? Yoga Burn is helping Women & Man Get Lighter, Healthier & Happier.
Kapalbhati Pranayama is extremely beneficial for your health and you can get rid of many diseases. Let’s discuss Kapalbhati Pranayama in detail.
What is Kapalbhati Pranayama?
Kapalbhati is considered a part of Pranayama. This is a rapid exhalation process, which can cure various diseases. If it is said that Kapalbhati is a way to cleanse the body from within, then it will not be wrong.
Kapalbhati is made up of two words ‘Kapal’ which means ‘forehead’ and ‘Bhati’ which means ‘sharp’. By doing Kapalbhati, all the parts of the body are able to function properly and it also helps in purifying the blood. It is said that by doing Kapalbhati regularly, the mind becomes calm and its glow starts appearing on the forehead of the person. Kapalbhati Pranayama is an effective yoga practice, which creates a new life.
What is the science behind Kapalbhati?
Kapalbhati is part of pranayama but it is basically a Shuddhikriya. It is used to cleanse the internal nasal cavity for proper breathing and avoid any bacterial infection in a nasal way. Kapalbhati is performed also to increase the capacity of the lungs to intake proper oxygen which in turn will help the body to function well. It reduces the carbon dioxide (CO2) percentage in the blood creating the state of hyperventilation.
What are the benefits of Kapalbhati Pranayama?
In today’s fast-paced life, where people become irresponsible about their health, if 5-10 minutes is taken out in a day to do this pranayama, then they can go away from the following diseases. Let’s discuss it below–
1) Kapalbhati is effective in weight loss
Obesity is the root of many serious diseases. This is the best way to lose weight fast. And it is completely natural.
2) Kapalbhati is helpful in constipation
Constipation is a big problem for many people. Therefore, Kapalbhati Pranayama is one of the best natural remedies for people who are facing constipation problems.
Also Read: Solutions for constipation
3) Kapalbhati is effective in the treatment and prevention of cancer
According to a recent study, researchers had found that Kapalbhati Pranayama is effective in the treatment of breast cancer. The major causes of breast cancer are obesity, female gender, and lack of any kind of exercise, high alcohol consumption, and many more. Breast cancer can be cured naturally with the help of Kapalbhati. But remember that breast cancer should be at an early stage. If it is in the last stage, there is no chance of profit.
4) Kapalbhati prevents hair fall
Using Kapalbhati can also prevent your hair from falling prematurely. This yoga increases the blood flow to the scalp and strengthens the hair roots.
5) Kapalbhati improves blood circulation
Low blood circulation can cause many problems, such as skin allergies, cold hands, hair fall, dry nails, etc. This can sometimes lead to a serious health condition and you may need some advanced treatments. Kapalbhati Pranayama is a good yoga technique to cure. It improves the blood circulation of the whole body and keeps you healthy.
6) Kapalbhati strengthens the abdominal muscles
During Kapalbhati we forcefully exhale the breath from the body and during this process, we forcefully push the stomach inwards as well. As we keep pushing and relaxing, the muscles around the abdomen get exercised. And that makes them strong.
7) Kapalbhati relieves lung problems
In this highly polluted era, 10 out of every 100 people suffer from different types of lung problems. The reasons can be many such as smoking, alcohol consumption, dust pollution, body fat – but you should be careful. Weak lungs can be life-threatening. So if you are one of the people suffering from weak lungs and other lung problems, practice Kapalbhati daily in the morning and evening.
8) Kapalbhati is good for period pains & menstruation problems
Kapalbhati Pranayama is indeed a gift for women. This simple breathing yoga exercise works like magic for many ailments commonly seen in women. Many women have the problem of irregular menstruation. Sometimes they are very fast and sometimes they are slow. Sometimes irregularities are seen in periods.
9) Kapalbhati is good in kidney stone problem
Kidney stones have become one of the most common diseases these days. It is affecting everyone from old people to young people. Although these problems can be treated, big hospitals charge a lot for them. But small kidney stones can be cured by doing Kapalbhati Pranayama.
10) Kapalbhati increases the immunity power of the body
Low immunity power is the main reason for various diseases people get a fever, sinus, cough, and others easily. Even many serious diseases can be caused by low immunity. The more immunity power you have, the healthier you will be.
11) Kapalbhati increases sex stamina and sperm count
Kapalbhati Pranayama is also known to increase sex mood and sperm count. it is to overcome infertility, impotence, and other sexual problems.
12) Kapalbhati beneficial for bone strength
Low levels of calcium in the body can cause osteoporosis. Kapalbhati can also increase the level of calcium in your body and make your bones stronger. It not only makes your bones strong, but it also helps in fighting other diseases related to bones.
13) Kapalbhati increases the energy level in the body
If you are one of the people with a low energy level, then you need this breathing exercise. These days’ people get tired quickly and become weak. They are unaware that this simple yoga breathing technique can increase their energy level by up to 3 times.
14) Effective for natural glow of the skin
If you are looking for one of the best yoga breathing techniques for glowing skin naturally, then Kapalbhati is a great option for you. Kapalbhati means the glow on the forehead.
15) Prevents premature graying of hairs
If you can look closely you will find that these days almost all men and women are suffering from the problem of premature graying of hair. Our hair is losing its original color and starts turning gray or white at the age of 20 and 22. Kapalbhati works well for this problem too.
16) Kapalbhati beneficial to treat stress and anxiety
Mental illnesses like stress and anxiety can be caused by increased work pressure, mental stress, and other bad lifestyles. This is completely normal and you do not need any medicine for these. Doing Kapalbhati daily can make a big difference in your life and you can be relaxed to a great extent.
17) Kapalbhati relieves insomnia
Although there can be many reasons for insomnia (sleeplessness), most of its causes are related to the mind. If your mind is calm and perfect, you can sleep soundly. If it keeps bothering you, you can’t sleep. So for this problem, practice Kapalbhati for 8 to 10 minutes in the evening. It can cure insomnia.
Also Read: Yoga Mudra – A boon to people on earth
Rules Of Kapalbhati Pranayama
- The first rule of Kapalbhati Pranayama is, do it in the morning in a glowing atmosphere and pure air.
- The second rule of Kapalbhati Pranayama is that it should be done fresh and empty stomach.
- The most important rule of Kapalbhati is to keep the mind and intellect calm and try to keep the body free from stress.
- Start with light exercise in the beginning and then do it according to your ability.
- Do not eat food immediately after doing yoga or pranayama, eat food only after one to one and a half hours.
Steps of doing Kapalbhati Pranayama?
First of all, sit in an open place with a comfortable seat and if you are sitting in the room, then keep in mind that the room is ventilated.
- Sit in Padmasana or Sukhasana and try to meditate while keeping the spine straight.
- You can also focus on your breath.
- Leaving the body loose, close your eyes and keeping your mind calm.
- In the start, take 2-3 breaths comfortably without making any effort and inhale and exhale slowly through the nose. Do not take this action too fast, inhale and exhale only once in 3-5 seconds.
- Now your breath exhales with comfortable force from both the nostrils and contracts the stomach inwards. Do not apply too much force while exhaling, try to do comfortably at the start. Try to do 1 stroke in 1-2 seconds.
- Keep in mind that while exhaling, only the abdominal muscles should move, the shoulders and chest should remain stable.
- In the beginning, you must do it at least 10 to 15 times at a time and gradually increase it. After regular effort, you can do it 40 to 60 times in 1 minute.
- Kapalbhati should be done for 5 minutes at a time and a total of 15 minutes instead of delaying it, try to do it the right way.
What are the precautions during Kapalbhati?
- In major heart disease, heavy infection, and any surgery, it should not be done without consulting a doctor and yoga guru.
- It should not be used in weakness and fever in the body.
- If the stomach is not clean in the morning, then Kapalbhati Pranayama should not be done, first clean the stomach then do it.
- Women should not do Kapalbhati forcefully during pregnancy or immediately after, do it easily.
- It should not be done during menstruation.
- It should not be done in problems like hernia, very high blood pressure and ulcer.
- If you feel dizzy or feel pain while doing it, then stop doing it.
- Never do this pranayama vigorously and at a fast pace.
- Do not take a bath immediately after performing this action.
At the end of the blog:
In today’s era where everyone is so busy in life to fulfill the primary needs that they are unable to give time to themselves i.e. their body and mind. Due to which irregularities start coming in the regular functioning of the body. It can happen at any stage of age whether it is young men, women, or old.
We just need to breathe well to stay young and live healthy forever. We just need to breathe well and right. If we can do this, we will not be affected by any disease and we will remain young even in old age.
If you give a little time to Pranayama in your busy life, then many serious diseases can be avoided. To stay away from expensive hospital treatment, include this simple Kapalbhati Pranayama in your life.
Stay Fit & Healthy.