Yoga has become more popular nowadays as people are realizing its importance and adopting it as a treatment for modern stress. It is an inexpensive form of exercise with a combination of breathing exercises and postures.
Yoga is systematic and scientific and its result can be achieved by improving both physical, mental health and also creates positivity and results in better body posture and leads to healthier breathing patterns. Practicing yoga along with good eating habits is the perfect combination to lead a healthy life.
If you want to reduce your stress levels throughout the day then this 10-minute morning yoga routine is exactly what you need. Starting your morning with yoga or some calming activity can have a positive effect on your day ahead. It lowers your stress level. The energy you put into your morning rituals will get you back throughout the day.
Also Read: Top 10 yogasana for complete health
Here are 5 yogasana:-
Naukasana is one of the important yoga exercises which is performed while lying on the back. This asana reduces abdominal fat and keeps the digestive system healthy and also strengthens the muscles. The name Naukasana comes from the Sanskrit words “Nauka” meaning “boat” and asana meaning “posture”.
Naukasana is beneficial to overcome many of your physical disorders. This Naukasana helps in strengthening the lungs, liver, and pancreas. It helps in increasing blood circulation and maintaining sugar levels. In Naukasana, your body takes the shape of a boat. Naukasana strengthens the abdominal muscles.
How to do it?
- To do Naukasana, you sit on a yoga mat with both your legs straight in front of you or sit in Dand-asana
- You keep your spine straight and keep both your hands straight on the ground.
- Now keep both your legs straight and lift them.
- If you have difficulty in balancing and lifting yourself, then keep both your feet close and bend your knees from here.
- Hold your thighs with both your hands and support the feet.
- Now slowly straighten both your legs upwards.
- Keep both your hands straight in front of you and keep your spine straight.
- In this position, you keep only your hips on the ground and the whole body rises.
- You maintain balance on your hips.
- In this position, an angle of 45 degrees will be made at the waist between your legs and the upper part of the body.
- You try to stay in boats and for at least 10 to 20 seconds in the beginning, then increase this time.
- Now bring your feet down to come to your starting position and simultaneously bring your hands down.
If you have the problem of low blood pressure and severe pain in the head, then you should avoid the practice of this asana.
- Do not practice this yoga mudra if you are suffering from any spinal disease.
- Asthma and heart patients should not practice this mudra.
- Women during pregnancy and menstruation should not avoid boat pose.
- Don’t do it if you have pain in your hips.
- If you have knee, neck, and shoulder pain, do not do it.
The body in Ustrasana is in the shape of a camel. This posture is also called Camel Pose. Like a camel can live easily even in the difficult conditions of the desert, if this asana is practiced regularly, it removes every physical and mental problem from the body. By doing Ustrasana, the muscles of the body are strengthened.
This asana is beneficial in diseases like diabetes, asthma, thyroid, parathyroid, spondylitis, or bronchitis. With regular practice of this asana, all hormones of women are balanced and mental stress is also reduced. Ustrasana tones all your muscles, due to which your body starts coming in shape. By regularizing this asana, you start getting shapely.
How to do it?
- To start this asana, sit on a yoga mat with your knees bent and place your hands on your hips.
- Keep your knees and shoulders in the same line and the soles of your feet towards the ceiling.
- Now breathe in and apply pressure to move the lower spine forward. In this exercise, you feel full pressure on the navel.
- In this way you turn your waist backward. Gently strengthen the grip of your palms on your feet.
- You leave your neck loose so that there is no tension on the neck.
- You try to do this asana for 30 to 60 seconds. After this, while exhaling, slowly you come back to the old state.
- Do not do this asana if you have back or neck injury or pain.
- If you have a complaint of high BP or low BP, then definitely consult a doctor before doing this asana.
It is a yoga posture that is made up of two words of the Sanskrit language. Bhujangasana is called Cobra Pose because the shape of the body becomes like a snake while doing it. This asana is very beneficial for health, this asana has also been included in Surya Namaskar.
It creates a stretch in your abdominal muscles, which reduces the enlarged belly. Bhujangasana is a stretching posture that creates a stretch in the body. These stretches help to relax your entire body along with your shoulders, back, and neck.
How to do it?
- First of all, lie down on your stomach on a yoga mat. Then place your hands on either side of your head and rest your forehead on the ground.
- Keep your legs taut and keep some distance between them.
- Now bring your palms in line with your shoulders. Then while taking a long deep breath, try to lift the body up to the navel by applying pressure towards the ground with the hands.
- You first raise the head, then the chest, and finally the navel.
- You try to look towards the sky by staying in this position and stay in this position for some time.
- Now keep the weight of your body equally on both the hands and keep breathing normally.
- Now exhale slowly and come to your starting position.
- You can complete three to five cycles of this yoga as per your ability.
Bhujangasana yoga should not be done under the conditions mentioned below-
- During Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint pain and back pain
During this yoga, the posture of the practiced body becomes like a bow, hence it is called Dhanurasana. It is made up of two words. Sagittarius and posture. The word Dhanu is a Sanskrit word that means bow. Whereas asana means posture. Dhanurasana is considered one of the 12 Hatha yogas.
It is done by bending the waist after lying on the stomach. This asana proves to be beneficial for the body in many ways and it is also beneficial in improving the tone of the arm muscles. Dhanurasana improves the elasticity of the ligaments along with toning the muscles. In this way, the whole body gets stretched and you feel fine and healthy.
How to do it?
If any yoga is not done properly, then the benefit of yoga is not available. In such a situation, it is very important to know how to do Dhanurasana. So here we are telling how to do Dhanurasana step by step:
- First of all, lay a yoga mat in a flat place.
- Now lie down on the yoga mat on your stomach.
- After lying down, bend your knees and hold the ankles tightly with your hands.
- After this, while inhaling, raise your head, chest, and thigh upwards.
- The shape of your body will be shaped like a bow during this mudra.
- In this posture, you should keep in mind that during this time, do not force any kind with the body.
- Now stay in this posture according to your capacity and keep breathing and exhaling slowly.
- This asana can be done two to three times.
- People suffering from heart problems should not do this asana.
- Patients with high blood pressure should not do this asana.
- A person suffering from a hernia and stomach ulcer should not do this asana.
- Do not practice this asana immediately after a meal.
Trikonasana is an asana in the category of hatha yoga. Trikon here means three-angled posture. By doing Trikonasana, the body comes in a triangle-like posture. For this reason, it is called Trikonasana. From the feet to the hands and many parts of the body are benefited from this asana.
Trikonasana provides strength to the body externally and internally. It has a positive effect on the thigh muscles. This asana is also effective in removing the stiffness of the thigh and hip, as well as it helps maintain the correct posture of the body. This asana makes you beautiful by reducing the fat of many parts of the body.
How to do it?
- First of all, stand in a clean and open place by laying a yoga mat.
- Now make a distance of two feet between your feet and keep your hands straight from the body.
- After this, spread your arms away from the body to the shoulder.
- Now while breathing in, lift the right hand and close it to the ear. Simultaneously turn the left leg out.
- After this, while exhaling, bend from the waist to the left.
- Do not bend your knees in this exercise and keep the right hand close to the ear.
- Now bring your right-hand parallel to the ground and simultaneously try to touch the left ankle with the left hand.
- Try to stay in this posture for 10 to 30 seconds and breathe normally.
- Then take a break of a few seconds and do this whole action from the right side as well.
- Try to do this cycle of Trikonasana three to four times.
Along with doing Trikonasana yoga, it is important to take care of some precautions like-
- Do not do this yoga posture if there is a problem with blood pressure.
- Do not do this asana if you have severe back pain and slip disc problems.
- If you are in the serious problem of neck and back pain, then do not do this asana.
In the end- A healthy body is essential for enjoying life to the fullest and regular practice of yoga can bring a lot of health. Breathing pattern is important in asana. A proper yoga practitioner should follow a set of routines for exercise, rest, and diet for maximum results. Yoga is done to attain peace and it is done in peace. There is no extreme movement in yoga. This can be done slowly by people of all ages and even sick people.
A holistic approach combining yoga exercises, mantras and meditation bring about many changes in our thoughts and mindset. It frees us from addiction. It enhances our memory power and keeps the mind cool. Yoga makes us more energetic and effective.