Supta Virasana is one of the greatest pose and a variation of Virasana yoga pose. It stretches your thighs, knees, and hip flexors. It is also known as Reclined Hero pose and Reclining Hero Pose.
Hello friends, Do you want to lose belly fat Naturally?
Get Ancient Japanese Tonic/Known as Flat Belly Tonic, It melts 54 LBS of Fat within 180 days (Drink Daily Before 10 am) & it comes with [90 days Guarantee].
Try this out[Watch Video]: https://tinyurl.com/5cn54ydu
[Very Good Reviews & Works for almost Everyone.]
Its name originates from the language Sanskrit as Supta means Lying down, Vir means Hero, and Asana means Pose.
It is an intermediate yoga pose. So you need to be very careful while practicing it. If you’re not flexible enough or feel discomfort while practicing it, then definitely use props to practice it.
You should practice Virasana before practicing Supta Virasana. There are other preparatory poses mentioned below too.
The Benefits of Supta Virasana
Supta Virasana is known for its so many health benefits. Let’s know them all. So the benefits of Supta Virasana (Reclined Hero pose) are:
- Improves your digestion greatly
- Relaxes the muscles of your legs and knees
- Relieves tired legs
- It also cures several medical conditions like Insomnia, Infertility, Headache, Flat Feet, Acidity, Diarrhea, Arthritis, High Blood Pressure, and Gastritis
- Relieves menstrual pain
- Stretches your abdomen, thighs, and your ankles
- Supta Virasana strengthens your arches
- Relieves Sciatica
Also Read: Easy yoga poses to improve your posture
The Steps of Supta Virasana
You should always practice all yoga poses and exercises correctly to get 100% out of them. For that, you need to know the steps too. So the steps of Supta Virasana are:
Start the pose by kneeling down. Spread your feet apart to sit between them.
Do not sit ON your feet. Keep your feet outside your hips. Your toes should be pointing backward, and your feet’s tops should be pressing onto the floor.
Do not keep your knees wider than your hips. Now lie down on your back slowly by first using your hands, then your elbows.
(If you feel pain or discomfort in your back or knees, then stop practicing the pose.)
Hold this pose for 20-30 seconds. Then raise your body slowly, using your hands to come back to the starting position.
Also Read: Yoga poses for mental health
The Precautions to take while doing Supta Virasana
Take the following precautions before and while doing Supta Virasana.
- Do not eat anything before doing any yoga pose. Always practice yoga on empty stomach only.
- Use props like blocks, straps and bolsters if you’re a beginner or have difficulty in doing it.
- Don’t practice Supta Virasana if you have knee or ankle injury.
- Consult a doctor if you have a history of severe back, ankle or knee problems.
- Do not keep your knees wider than your hips.
Preparatory Poses for Supta Virasana
Practice these yoga poses to prepare your body for Supta Virasana. The Preparatory poses for Supta Virasana are:
- Balasana (Child’s Pose)
- Gomukhasana (Cow Face Pose)
- Bhujangasana(Cobra Pose)
- Baddha Konasana (Bound Angle Pose)
- Virasana(Hero Pose)
Follow-up Poses for Supta Virasana
Supta Virasana prepares you for practicing the following yoga poses further.
- Bakasana (Crane Pose)
- Padmasana (Lotus Position)
- Other backbend and standing poses
So guys, this was all about the yoga pose Supta Virasana (Reclined Hero Pose). I hope this blog was informational and helpful to you.
If you liked this blog then share it with your friends and family on Facebook and other social media.
Thanks for reading. Practice Yoga and Stay Healthy.