Self-love is actually love for yourself. It’s about taking care of yourself. It’s about taking care of your own happiness. Loving yourself doesn’t mean you are the smartest, most talented person and all other persons are less than you. It’s about when you accept your weakness, your flaws.
You take care of yourself like you would take care of your friend when they are stressed or in any situation. When you don’t criticize yourself. When you appreciate yourself. Self-love is not being selfish, it is just putting you first and not being rude to yourself.
Why Self-love is important?
● Self-love is important because it is important to love yourself. If you don’t love what you have then how others will love you?
● Because of Self-love we let go negative things, vibes eventually bad things or time will pass.
● Self-love changes our perspective towards the world. It gives us a more positive attitude.
● Self-love affects our mental health. Who loves themselves is less likely to suffer from anxiety, depression.
● Self-love reduces stress. It makes you more focused at work.
Also Read: What is Solitude?
How to Practice Self-love and be good to yourself?
Did you know how much special you are? You are the best. You deserve to be loved not only by people around you but by yourself.
Self love is very easy. All you need to do is these simple things.
- Start every day by telling yourself some positive things. Like: how lovely or good you look today and anything that makes you smile/happy.
- Fill your body with food and drink.
- Be with people who make you happy, who make you smile and who encourage you.
- End everything which is toxic in your life like for example- friends, relationships and everything which is fake. Let’s just end all that.
- Celebrate everything like whenever you are happy. Your wins no matter big or small.
- Always try something new. From this, you will get out of your comfort zone. And you will get to know what other things you can do.
- Step out with your friends. Calm down your mind and soul. Breathe in and out.
- Be patient to everyone. Be kind to everyone around you.
- Treat others with love and respect. It will make you happy. And others will respect you too. Everyone will repay the favor.
- Forgive yourself.
- Find something to be grateful for every day.
- Be real. There is no person on this earth who is happy every single day. Because we all are human. We will make mistakes.
- Let go of the past. This is tough. The truth is tough but if you want to be happy you have to let that past go from your mind.
- Find your happy place. Find what things make you happy. Go to the place where you feel calm and happy.
Also Read: Things to keep a relationship healthy
Books to read on Self Love
There are books I can suggest you to read because we all need to pump ourselves up.
- The self-love experiment
- Start where you are
- How to Love yourself (and Sometimes Other People)
- I Heart Me
The Bottom Line:
The longest relationship you’ll ever have is with yourself. Keep it on a positive note with these books because you should never be too down on yourself.
To be honest, while writing this article I find some very positive things. And hope you will find too.
So guys, I am Shristi Yaduka. If this blog helps you in any way do let me know in the comment section. Please do subscribe to this blog for more interesting blogs and share this too with your friends.
And if you have anything to share about self-love, just let me know in the comment section. Thank you for reading!