We all know how beneficial yoga is for everyone. It is so easy to perform and has so many benefits. Yoga is being practiced by so many millions of people all around the world, from children to old-age people. There are so many yoga poses and each has many benefits.
One of them is Tree pose, also known as Vriksasana in Sanksrit language is a standing & balancing yoga pose. It is called Tree pose as Vriksa means Tree and Asana means Pose. Vriksasana has many benefits like correcting posture, stretching thighs, and torso, etc.
Vriksasana is an easy pose but some people need to take some time to do it perfectly.
Also Read: 5 easy yoga poses to improve your posture
Let’s know all the health benefits of Tree pose
- Improves the balance of the legs and the body
- Strengthens the bones of the hips and legs
- It stretches your thighs, shoulders, and shoulders
- Tones your leg muscles, feet, and ankles
- Relieves Sciatica
- Strengthens the ligaments and tendon of your feet
- Reduces flat fleet
Steps of Tree pose (Vrikasasana)
- Stand straight in Mountain pose. Keep your arms at your sides.
- Now balance your weight on the left leg. Bend your right leg and keep your right leg’s feet on the side of your left thigh using your hand.
- Now raise your both arms upward and join your palms together doing Namaskar & keep your spine straight.
- Hold this position for 15-20 seconds.
- Now lower your leg and arms to come back to the starting position.
Precautions to take while doing Tree pose
- Do not practice Vriksasana if you have insomnia
- If your blood pressure is high then do not raise your arms upwards
- People suffering from severe leg or thigh injury should avoid practicing Vriksasana
- Do not practice any yoga asana after eating
- If your blood pressure is low, don’t do tree pose
- Avoid practicing tree pose if you have got a headache
Preparatory poses for Tree Pose
Follow-up poses for Tree Pose
- Other Standing poses
So guys, how did you like this blog? Do you also practice Bridge pose or meditation?
If yes, how do you do it and what precautions you take while doing it? Share your tips and views with us in the comment section below.
Hope this blog was helpful to you. If you like it, do share it with your family and friends on Facebook and social media.
Keep doing Yoga with us & Follow our website for more Yoga and meditation-related information.
Thanks for reading.