Due to lifestyle changes, people face obesity, stomach diseases, and many other diseases. Actually, in this run-of-the-mill life, people have forgotten to give importance to self-care. And this is the reason that nowadays people are also in the grip of stress due to improper lifestyle. That’s why human beings should give more importance to health in their life. Otherwise, these problems will keep giving rise to many other problems and you will continue to be troubled. In such a situation, doing Uttanpadasana yoga can prove beneficial for you.
In Uttanpadasana, Uttan means raised and Pada means feet. The legs are raised in this asana, hence it is called Uttanpadasana. By doing this regularly, abs start forming, hence it is also called the raised leg pose. It is beneficial for our health in many ways. This asana is very beneficial in reducing belly fat. Nowadays, most people have the problem of gas and acidity which has a bad effect on health.
Let us know the method of Uttanpadasana Yoga and its benefits.
Also Read: Top 5 Sitting Yogasanas for Balanced Posture
How to do-
- First of all, lie down on your back by laying a mat on the ground.
- Now spread the legs, but keep in mind that there should be no distance between the legs.
- After this, keep both your hands close to the body and keep the palms on the ground.
- Now while breathing in, slowly lift the legs without bending them making an angle of 30 degrees.
- Now slowly inhale the breath and then slowly exhale and remain in this posture.
- Taking a deep breath, bring the feet down.
- Your one cycle is complete. Similarly, you can repeat it 3 to 4 times according to your ability.
If you have back pain, then you can do this easily with one leg first and then with the other leg.
1)Uttanpadasana for losing weight- It treats stomach disorders like acidity, indigestion, and constipation, if you are troubled by obesity and heavy weight then Uttanpadasana yoga can be beneficial for you. With regular practice of this asana, you can reduce your heavy belly in a few days and enjoy a slim stomach. Uttanpadasana plays an important role in reducing belly fat and reducing belly fat.
2)Uttanpadasana for back pain-If you are troubled by back pain, then this asana can be beneficial for you, in this asana, you have to lift both the legs of the lying on the waist, in this your waist remains absolutely straight, at first this asana will cause back pain, but regularly. Exercise will give relief to your back pain, Uttanpadasana also strengthens the hamstring muscles.
3)Uttanpadasana asana for women- It improves the function of reproductive organs, this asana is very beneficial for women, it is a good posture to strengthen the walls of the uterus. But women should not do this asana during menstruation.
4)Beneficial in digestion– By doing this asana, the gastric fire is strengthened, due to which all types of digestive disorders are destroyed. Uttanpadasana is a very good posture for those who are troubled by stomach-related problems, this posture improves the digestive system and eliminates gas formation in the stomach, apart from other diseases like acidity, arthritis pain, diabetes, pancreas, It also eliminates heart problems, etc.
5)Constipation and gas– People who do Uttanpadasana get rid of the problem of gas. The stomach becomes clear, this asana helps cure constipation. By removing obesity etc., it strengthens the stomach. Due to which the chances of stomach diseases become negligible. By doing this asana, the appetite is good, the diseases of the stomach are removed.
6)Navel abduction– By doing this asana, the center of the navel. The navel Manipura is balanced. This is a better asana for the treatment of the navel and for healing the navel. If the navel moves out of its place, then stomach diseases like gas formation, constipation, flatulence, stomach pain, etc. are cured by doing this asana.
7)For the health of abdominal muscles– By doing this asana, the abdominal muscles become healthy. This asana eliminates your belly fat, raising both the legs puts pressure on the abdominal muscles, it is an excellent yoga for making 6 packs of stomach.
8)Beneficial for the heart- Uttanpadasana cures heart disease. By doing this asana, the heart becomes healthy, due to which heart-related diseases are removed.
9)Beneficial in respiratory diseases– Uttanpadasana is a beneficial posture in respiratory diseases. By doing this asana, the lungs are strengthened and there is relief in respiratory diseases.
10)Beneficial in increasing energy– Regular practice of this asana generates special energy in the body.
- This should never be done easily during pregnancy.
- If someone has had stomach surgery, then that person should not do this asana.
- If a person is suffering from sciatica, then he should avoid the practice of this asana.
- If someone is complaining of high blood pressure, back pain, and peptic ulcer then they should not do this asana.
- This asana should be done either in the morning or in the evening on an empty stomach.
- High pressure and stretching are felt on the lower abdomen, hence, practice according to capacity.
- In the beginning, take the help of hands to raise the legs.
- While raising do not bend legs at the knees.
- People suffering from lumbar spondylitis and muscle pull should not practice it.
- People having back injuries or having undergone any form of abdominal surgery, should refrain from doing this asana with both legs. They can do it alternately three times with each leg. Do not practice more than 5 times at a stretch
- This posture emphasizes the spine. Therefore, if there is any kind of pain in the spine, then Uttanpadasana should not be done, if you can, in such a situation, you can do Ardha-Uttanpadasana.
Q- What is the use of Uttanpadasana?
A- The pose is said to improve the functioning of the digestive system and provide relief to problems of indigestion and other stomach-related disorders. Uttanpadasana also helps improve the circulation of blood to the lymph nodes and joints.
Q- What is the major benefit of Uttanapadasana?
- It cures stomach disorders like acidity, indigestion, and constipation.
- It strengthens the back, hips, thigh muscles, and abdominal organs.
- Helps the drainage of deoxygenated blood from the legs towards the heart under the influence of gravitational force.
Q- Who should not do Uttanpadasana?
- Precautions to Be Taken While Performing Uttanpadasana.
- Avoid this pose if you are suffering from an abdominal injury or abdominal pain.
- Do not perform the pose if you are pregnant or having menstruation.
- It is also advised to not practice the pose if you have high blood pressure or slipped disc.
In the end- Yoga destroys many diseases of the body. Yoga not only helps in maintaining healthy physical and mental activities, but it also keeps you away from many serious diseases By the way, there are many ways to keep the body healthy like some go for a walk in the morning, some run, some go to the gym and exercise.
Similarly, yoga is also done to keep the body healthy and energetic, but yoga is different from other things in some ways. Yoga is a spiritual process to keep the body and mind healthy. Yogic practice energizes the body with cosmic energy. Different postures of yoga give different benefits.
In the running life where people are suffering from mental-physical problems. Doing yoga daily gives them mental and physical strength. By doing this asana regularly, you can not only get a toned body, but it also keeps away problems like gas and acidity.
Friends! I hope you must have liked it and it will be beneficial for you too. Please do tell through comment, any questions and suggestions are welcome. Please share.