SOLITUDE is the state of being alone, especially when this is peaceful and pleasant. Solitude and Loneliness are two different things. Loneliness is isolation from others but Solitude is a state of being alone but peacefully.
Loneliness is a negative state where you feel alone. Solitude is the state of being alone without being lonely.
We all are afraid to leave alone. We are telling us again and again that we need each other to be happy. And that is true somewhere we surely need each other but because of this, we are somewhere dependent on each other.
But when we lose the ability to be alone with ourselves. It becomes dangerous. We always search for people. And when we find no one around us we feel depressed, alone.
Also Read – What is Desire?
Why SOLITUDE is important?
- It enhances our creativity. It makes us free from all distractions, burdens. When we spend time with ourselves then we get to know our potential.
- It allows us to focus on one thing.
- It allows our brain to think more and more and then we come up with new ideas.
- It increases our alone time.
- It gives us an opportunity to plan our life.
- It increases our creativity.
You should also read: What is Anxiety?
Why too much of SOLITUDE can be bad for you?
- Living alone for some time is good but you can’t cut off totally from people around you like your friends, family or other person around you. It can lead to stress or depression.
- Spending too much time alone can increase the risk of suicide.
- It raises stress rate and blood pressure.
- It destroys the efficiency of sleep. Lonely people wake up late at night. And it affects their health routine.
How do I get SOLITUDE?
- Try meditation, It keeps you calm.
- Sit in silence and observe your surroundings. Whatever is happening around you.
- Feel every emotion which comes to you.
- Breathe in Breathe out.
- Be gentle with yourself. Love yourself. Know your worth.
The Bottom Line:
Sit alone and just think what things make you happy. By spending time with yourself and gaining a better understanding of who you are and what you desire in life, you’re more likely to make better choices about who you want to be around. You also may come to appreciate your relationships more after you’ve spent some time alone.
So guys, I am Shristi Yaduka. If this blog helps you in any way do let me know in the comment section.
Please follow this blog for more interesting lifestyle and self-help blogs and also share this too with your friends. And if you have any query just let me know in the comment section. Thank you for reading.