Whether men or women, hair has a big role in their beauty. In today’s life, the problem of hair loss is common for everyone. This problem can be solved with yoga. Hair problem is closely related to your health.
Anxiety, disturbances in hormones, wrong eating habits, and bad habits are the main reasons. In such a situation, yoga can help a lot in controlling hair fall.
By doing yoga, the whole body remains healthy, there is good circulation of blood in all the organs. When a person does yoga, the circulation of blood to his brain is accelerated, which nourishes the hair roots as well as keeps the brain calm. This makes our hair strong and thick from the root.
By doing yoga, the mind gets peace, which also prevents the destruction of essential and good hormones for our hair. There are many asanas by which we can overcome our hair problems.
4 Yoga asana helps you in hair growth which are as follows in detail in this article.
1) Balayama Yoga-
Balayama is the best yoga asana for hair growth, for healthy hair, to prevent or reduce hair fall, to make hair thicker, and there are many more problems related to hair that can be attributed to Balayama yoga. Balayam is also known as “Prasanna Mudra”, “Nail Rubbing Exercise” or “Nail Exercise” for hair growth to treat hair loss.
How does Balayama Yoga help?
Rubbing the nails together improves blood circulation in the head. With increased blood flow to the scalp, it will become healthy. A healthy scalp can effectively nourish the hair follicles, thereby strengthening the hair, preventing hair fall and enhancing hair quality, and promoting hair growth. This is a very easy hair growth regimen, but knowing and learning the right nail brushing technique is essential.
What is the relationship between nail rubbing and hair?
The science behind rubbing nails for hair growth is very simple. Balarama yoga is a type of acupressure therapy. In acupressure, the nails of the hands are considered to be related to the skin of the head and by rubbing the nails together, the blood circulation in the head is good and the nutrients reach the hair roots.
Method of doing-
- Sit in any comfortable meditation position and close your eyes and take three deep breaths.
- Bring your hands near your chest.
- Except for the thumb, bend all four fingers inwards.
- Rub the nails of all the four fingers of both hands together.
- Do this for as long as you can (at least 5 to 7 minutes). If you can’t do it all the time, make it your routine to practice it for at least 10 minutes before breakfast, before meals, and before dinner.
- Do not do Balayam Yoga during pregnancy. It is believed that this can cause contractions in the uterus. However, there is a lack of precise scientific research related to this.
- If someone has any problem related to nails, then he should avoid doing Balayam. This can aggravate the problem of nails.
Vajrasana is slightly different from other asanas. This is the only one that is easy that you can practice even after eating food. This asana is also known as Diamond Pose. By doing this asana, food gets digested quickly. This is also helpful in weight loss. It cures problems like constipation, gas, indigestion. It is considered a useful easy for yoga asanas for hair fall.
Method of doing:-
- To do Vajrasana, first of all, sit on the ground with your knees bent.
- During this, join the toes of both the feet together and keep the ankles apart.
- Now rest your buttocks on the ankles.
- Then put the palms on the knees.
- During this, keep your back and head straight.
- Keep both the knees together as well.
- Now close your eyes and keep breathing normally.
- Try to sit in this position for five to 10 minutes.
- Do not do this asana in case of knee injury surgery.
- This asana should be avoided in case of spinal injury or pain.
- This asana should not be done in case of a hernia, ulcer, or stomach-related problem.
- Pregnant women can leave a little space between the knees while doing this asana so that there is no pressure on the stomach.
3) Adho Mukha Svanasana-
This asana has been formed by adding four words, in which Adho means forward, face means face, dog means dog and asana means posture. Basically, while practicing this yoga, the body is brought to the exact shape, in which a dog bends like a front and pulls its body forward. Therefore, this yoga is called AdhomukhaShavasana. This yoga mainly works to reduce stress.
Method of doing:-
- First of all, sit in Vrajasana posture by laying a yoga mat.
- Now after coming in this posture, keep the mind and body calm.
- Then while spreading the hands in front, bend forward and place the palms on the ground.
- After this, while exhaling slowly, straighten the knees and raise the waist upwards.
- Afterward, with some emphasis on the hands, pull the body slightly backward. Simultaneously raise the waist as much as possible.
- When coming in this posture, the heels should be on the ground and keep eyes on the navel.
- Make sure that during this time all the weight of the body remains on the hands and feet.
- Try to remain in this posture for a few seconds and keep breathing and exhaling normally.
- In the end, slowly bend your knees and come back to your starting position.
- This process can be repeated three to four times according to the capacity.
- If there is pain or any kind of problem in the wrist, then this yoga practice should be avoided.
- Do not do this yoga if you have problems related to the waist, back, shoulders and arms.
- If someone has a high blood pressure problem, then they should not do this yoga.
- Pregnant women should consult a doctor before doing this yoga practice.
While doing Sarvanga Asana, your head remains tilted downwards. Due to being in this position, the circulation of blood in the scalp is very good, as a result, hair breakage is reduced to a great extent. It also proves to be very beneficial in the nutrition of the easy thyroid gland, due to which your respiratory, genital, and digestive systems, etc.
How does Sarwangaasana yoga help?
Sarvangasana yoga is one of the best remedies for hair growth. This mudra helps in nourishing the hair by flowing blood to the head. It hydrates the scalp, making your hair thick and strong. In this way, this yoga asana is effective on the hair for a long time.
Method of doing:-
- To do this yoga, lie down on your back by laying a yoga mat in a clean environment.
- After lying on the mat, keep the hands directly adjacent to the body.
- Then while breathing slowly, raise the legs, hips, and waist upwards. Keep in mind, the lower part of the body has to be raised slowly.
- At the same time, while supporting the waist with hands, rest the elbows on the ground. This will help in maintaining the balance of the body.
- After this keep in mind that both the legs should be adjacent and straight from the beginning.
- After coming to this stage, make sure that all the weight of the body remains on the elbows, shoulders, and head parts. Also, the chin is touching the chest.
- Stay in this posture for a while and keep breathing normally.
- Finally slowly come back to your starting position.
- You can do this asana three to four times in the beginning.
This asana should not be done if you feel pain in the elbows, shoulders, and head.
While doing this asana, there is a fear of falling out of balance. Therefore, it should be done in the presence of a yoga instructor in the initial period.
Q.1 Does yoga reduce hair loss?
A. Yoga and pranayama help in stimulating blood circulation in the head and scalp, which thereby helps in rejuvenating dry and limp hair. This, in turn, controls hair loss and promotes hair growth. So, if you are experiencing hair loss or are seeing early signs of baldness, practicing yoga daily could help greatly.
Q-2 Is rubbing nails good for hair?
A. Studies have shown that rubbing nails together can help with hair loss. The nerves under the fingernails are directly connected to the hair follicles, and thus by rubbing the fingernails, you can stimulate the blood circulation in the scalp, which ultimately, can result in hair growth.
At the end of the blog- It is believed that doing yoga naturally increases blood circulation throughout the body and scalp. This strengthens the hair roots. It can also help in promoting their growth by reviving lifeless hair. On this basis, it can be assumed that along with promoting hair growth through yoga, the problem of hair fall can also be relieved.
Keep doing Yoga asana