Irregular periods have become a common thing nowadays. Menstruation is of 28 days, but it can range from 21 days to 38 days. It is irregular if you have not had more than 35 days or experienced bleeding within 21 days of your last period. These include changes in hormonal levels, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), excessive exercise, thyroid problems, pregnancy, breastfeeding, uterine fibroids, intrauterine devices, and stress.
By doing yoga asanas you can control irregular periods, painful menstrual cramps, and menstrual disorders. We are going to discuss some yoga asanas, with the help of which you can regularize your periods.
Among all the yoga asanas, Vajrasana is the only one that can be done immediately after having a meal or snack. Daily practice of Vajrasana is very beneficial for health. This welfare pose is also known as Diamond Pose. Vajra means hard/strong.
By doing Vajrasana, the blood flow in the body improves and the digestive system is strengthened. Your thighs and knees become strong by doing Vajrasana daily. By doing Vajrasana, all the nerves from the lower back to the legs get exercise
How to practice it:-
- Firstly you bend your knees and sit on the ground.
- In this position, you should keep the ankles apart by connecting the toes of both your feet.
- Now keep your buttocks on the ankles.
- You place your palms on your knees in a relaxed position.
- You keep your back and head straight in this posture.
- You should keep in mind that both your knees should also meet together.
- In this position, you can try to sit for 5 to 10 minutes according to your ability.
- If you are having pain in your knees due to sitting in this position, then you can also get up early.
Also Read: Padahastasana
- If you have any kind of problem in the spine, especially in the lower vertebrae, then they should not do Vajrasana.
- You should not do this asana excessively, gradually as the strength of your back muscles will increase, and then you can increase its duration.
- If you have a problem with a hernia and ulcer in the intestine or diseases of the small and large intestine, then you should do Vajrasana only according to the advice of a yoga expert.
- If you have a bone injury in your knee or ankle, then you should not do this asana.
- If you have the problem of hypotension then this asana should be avoided.
- Any pregnant woman should not do this asana.
- If you have any kind of problem in the spine, then avoid doing this asana.
The names of the yoga asanas were inspired by the movement or likeness of an animal/bird. The butterfly pose is named because of the movement of the flying wings of the butterfly. While doing this asana, the legs move like a flying butterfly. The word Titli means butterfly and Asana mean posture. This asana helps in stimulating the reproductive and digestive organs.
How to practice it:-
This asana is also known as Ardha Titli Asana. To do Butterfly Asana, first of all, sit down with both your legs straight in front. Keep your spine straight.
1. Slowly bend your right leg and carefully place the right leg on the thigh of the left leg. Try to keep the heel of your right foot as close to the pelvic area as possible.
2. The sole of your right foot should be in the upward direction. You place the right hand on the right knee and hold the right foot with the left hand.
3. With the help of your hand, slowly move the right knee towards the chest and then slowly bring it down and try to touch the floor with the knee without applying any force.
4. Your spine should remain straight throughout the exercise.
5. Repeat the same process with your left leg.
You practice 10-20 times with each leg with slow and gently up and down movements.
1. Bend the knees, bringing your feet closer to the pelvic region of the body. Keep the heel as close to the pelvis as possible without applying any force.
2 Interlock your fingers and hold the feet firmly, you can also place your hands under the feet for a better grip. Keep the outer edge of your feet firmly on the floor.
3. Now press the thighs gently in the downward direction and try to hold for a few seconds.
4. Now release the thighs and without any stretch start flapping them up and down like butterfly wings.
5. Increase the vibration gradually and continue this process for a minute.
6. After doing the exercise, straighten the legs in front and come back to the starting position.
Before practicing any asana, make yourself aware of the precautions to be taken to avoid any complications later:
- Keep the spine straight while doing the exercise.
- You should ensure that you do not use force on the knees while practicing this asana. You only push the thighs down.
- If you experience knee discomfort, place a blanket under your thighs for support.
- Avoid practicing butterfly pose if you are suffering from any of these conditions like knee or back injury, sciatica, sacral position, etc.
This asana helps in expelling unnecessary gas from the stomach. That’s why this asana is called the wind-releasing pose. Pawanmuktasana is a great asana, which is a very important asana for good digestion. There is some difficulty in doing this asana in the beginning. Pawanmuktasana is a wonderful posture, especially for digestion.
Pawan means air or gas, Mukta means to release, as the name indicates this mudra helps in releasing the trapped gas in the intestines. Also, this asana cures constipation by removing toxins from the gastrointestinal tract.
Along with this, it is extremely effective in nerve stimulation and in flushing out harmful toxins along with stomach gases from our body.
How to practice it:-
- First of all, lie down on your back on the yoga mat.
- Now bend your knees and bring your thighs towards your chest.
- Now hold the fingers of both hands together just below the knee.
- Now while exhaling, press both the knees and bring them towards the chest as much as possible.
- Raise your head off the ground and try to touch your nose with your knees.
- Now stay in this posture for 30 seconds and take long deep breaths.
- Now exhale slowly and bring the head and legs back to the previous position.
- You do this exercise 3-5 times according to your ability.
- If you have any of these health problems then you should avoid doing this yoga mudra-
- High blood pressure,
- Slip disc,
- Heart problems,
- Neck and back pain
In the end- With yoga, keep these main things in mind.
- Change in routine
Have you joined a new job? Have you made a big change in your wake-up time? If so, it may take a while for your body to adjust to the changes in your routine. This change can affect your periods. In most cases, once you get used to such changes, your periods become normal. If not, then definitely consult a gynecologist.
- Control stress
If you are under excessive stress, it can affect the regularity of periods. If you are under stress due to not coming on time, it can affect the menstrual cycle badly. Stress has a direct effect on stress hormones, which are responsible for more or less the production of estrogen and progesterone (two sex hormones) from the body. If stress hormones increase in the bloodstream, your cycle is affected.
- Control weight
Weight gain or loss can also affect periods. The menstrual cycle of women who are very obese or underweight is badly affected. In such a situation, by keeping your weight under control, you can prevent this problem before it happens.
Do share this article with your friends and help others who want it. If you want to ask something, then you can comment to me below, I will help you.