Yoga is not just a set of asanas, but it is the union of body, mind, and soul. It is a highly scientific exercise on how to keep the body fit and the mind calm and orderly. Today the whole world is going through tough times, we all are facing many challenges.
Now is the best time for us to return to our roots. Today the whole world is adopting yoga and moving towards a more holistic lifestyle. One of the main benefits of practicing yoga is that it has no side effects, it helps in maintaining peace of mind in boosting our immunity.
Doing yoga improves our immune system. Due to this, we can fight many types of diseases. Getting enough sleep is very important for our body to function with energy, but in today’s modern life, no one is able to sleep peacefully, due to which there is restlessness, tension, headache, burning in the eyes all the time.
If you do yoga, it helps a lot in getting better sleep. Today, due to the ever-changing lifestyle, there has been a lot of change in the diet, which directly affects our body and the body is surrounded by many diseases. If you practice yoga continuously then you can overcome your increased weight. Yoga improves the quality of life. Thus many studies have found that yoga improves mood and reduces fatigue.
We can say that – “Yoga is the first step to a healthy life”
Let’s know how to include yoga in daily life . if you are a beginner and want to know some short tips or point to remember before going into yoga. Let us discuss it.
- Whether you are doing yoga or any other exercise, you should start with a simple warm-up. This prepares your body for exercise.
- If you have never done yoga, then you should start with easy-to-do asanas.
- While doing yoga, not only the position of the body matter, but the breath is also important. It is very important to follow how-to breathe in any position.
How to start yoga at the beginner level?
There are different steps when you start at a beginner level-
- First of all, sit comfortably and relax.
- Now you are ready for Om chanting or Gayatri Mantra three times.
- After this, you do some subtle actions to warm up yourself.
- Now you are ready to practice some asanas.
- You can practice the asana in the following positions.
- Sitting position posture
- Supine position posture
- Prone position posture and
- Standing posture
After the practice of these asanas, you can end your daily yoga asanas practice by Om chanting /Gayatri Mantra again.
Here we are telling you about 7 yoga asanas which can be done in different positions.
Vajaraasana (Diamond Pose)
This is also a very good routine yoga pose for beginners. Vajrasana is the only one that can be done immediately after having a meal or snack. The practice of this asana is very beneficial for health. Thus this asana is also known as Diamond Pose. You can do this asana at any time of the day or night.
Vajra means hard/strong. By doing Vajrasana, there is a smooth flow of blood in the body and the digestive system is strengthened. By regularizing this asana, your thighs and knees become strong. Regular practice of Vajrasana gives exercise to all the nerves from the lower back to the legs.
How to practice it?
- First of all, you sit on the ground with your knees bent.
- Now in this position, keep the ankles apart by connecting the toes of both your feet.
- Now place your buttocks on the ankles.
- You place your palms on your knees.
- You try to keep your back and head straight in this posture.
- Now you should keep in mind that both your knees should also meet together.
- Try to sit in this position for 5 to 10 minutes according to your ability.
- If your knees are hurting by sitting in this position, then you can get up early.
- By doing this yoga daily according to your ability, you can increase your time.
- If you have any kind of problem in the spinal cord and lower vertebrae, then they should not do Vajrasana.
- You should not do this asana excessively, by regularizing this asana, gradually the strength of your back muscles will increase, and then you can increase its duration.
- If you are suffering from a hernia, small and large intestine disease, then you should do Vajrasana only according to the advice of a yoga guru.
- If you have a bone injury in your knee or ankle, then you should not do this asana
- Pregnant women should not do this asana.
- If someone has any kind of problem in the spine, then avoid doing this asana.
Balasana or Child’s Pose
Balasana or Child’s Pose is a very easy yoga asana. In this, the word child is a Sanskrit word that means child. These words collectively mean child-like sitting posture. In Balasana, the body of the practitioner comes in a position similar to that of the mother’s womb. This is a relaxation pose.
In this way, the internal organs of your abdomen are massaged by the continuous practice of Balasana. Constipation and stomach problems are also removed by the regular practice of Balasan. Balasana is practiced to strengthen the muscles of the hips.
Balaasana is the best and easiest yoga posture for PCOS in women. This asana controls the hormonal imbalance, which removes the problem of PCOD.
How to practice it?
- To do Balasan posture, you sit on a yoga mat in Vajrasana.
- Now while inhaling, take both your hands directly above the head.
- Do not join your palms.
- Now while exhaling, bend forward.
- Now you should take special care that while bending you have to bend from the hip joint and not from the wrist joint.
- Now keep bending forward in the same way until your palms rest on the ground
- Now you are in Balasan posture. You stay in this position for some time.
- If you are suffering from back pain, knee injury, or operation then you should not do Balasana.
- Do not do Balasana in case of high blood pressure and diarrhea.
Setubandhasana (Bridge Pose)
This asana is also known as the bridge pose. This exercise provides a great stretch to the heart, chest, shoulders as well as the neck, lower abdomen, and thighs. When you raise your torso in this pose, your heart is above your mind. This asana gives you many benefits.
This asana gives you relief from anxiety, tension, and headache. Setubandhasana helps with your depression. It improves your psychological health. In this way, this asana gives stability to your mind. This asana also controls the secretion of your endocrine glands.
How to practice it?
- Lie on your back on the yoga mat. Keep your breathing rate normal.
- After this, keep your hands by the side.
- Now slowly bend your legs from the knees and bring them near the hips.
- Raise your hips off the floor as high as you can. You keep your hand on the ground.
- Hold your breath for a while.
- After this, while exhaling, come back to the ground. You straighten your legs and relax.
- After you rest for 10-15 seconds, start the exercise again.
Tips for beginners- Do not spread the tops of your shoulders out or away from your ears while practicing Setu-Bandhasana as this can cause pain in your neck. Along with this, if you are in a bridge pose, then your buttocks should be hard.
- You should practice this asana empty stomach for your efficient results.
- Do not turn your head to the right or left while doing the asana.
- If you are suffering from knee pain, then you should practice this asana carefully.
- If you are doing this asana for the first time, then practice this asana under the guidance.
This asana is also called the wind releasing pose because it expels gas from the stomach. Pawanmuktasana is a great asana which is very important asana for good digestion.
Pawanmuktasana is an effective posture, especially for digestion. Pawan means wind or gas and Mukta means liberation as the name indicates. This asana helps in expelling intestinal gas. This asana also relieves you from constipation.
How to practice it?
- You first lie down on your back on the yoga mat.
- Now bend your knees and thighs and bring them towards your chest.
- Now hold the fingers of both your hands together just below the knee.
- Now while exhaling, press both the knees and bring them towards your chest.
- You lift your head off the ground and try to touch your nose with your knees.
- Now you stay in this posture for 30 seconds and take long deep breaths.
- Now bring your head and legs back to the previous position.
- You try to do this asana 3-5 times according to your ability.
- If you have any of these health problems then you should avoid doing this yoga asana.
- High blood pressure.
- Slip disc
- Heart problems
- Neck and back pain
Bhujanasana (Cobra Pose)
Bhujangasana is one such yogasana that is made up of two words. In this Bhujang means snake. Bhujangasana is called Cobra Pose because the shape of the body becomes like a snake while doing it. This yoga pose has many benefits for your health, that is why it has also been included in Surya Namaskar.
The main effect of this asana is on the abdominal muscles and the spine. This asana is known to activate the abdominal muscles and strengthen the spine. Along with this, it also helps in improving blood circulation.
How to practice it?
- First of all, lie down on the stomach on a yoga mat, keep the hands on either side of the head and rest the forehead on the ground.
- Keep your legs taut and keep some distance between them.
- Now bring your palms in line with your shoulders. Then, while taking a long deep breath, try to lift the body up to the navel by applying pressure towards the ground with your hands.
- Now you have to raise the head first, then the chest, and finally the navel.
- Try to look towards the sky by staying in this position and stay in this position for some time.
- Now keep the weight of your body equally on both hands and keep breathing normally.
- Now slowly release your breath and come to your starting position.
- In this way, you complete one cycle of this yoga.
- You can complete three to five cycles of this yogasana according to your ability.
Bhujangasana yoga posture should not be done in the circumstances given below.
- During pregnancy.
- During menstruation.
- During Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint pain.
- In the event of a fracture in the wrist or ribs.
Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
Tadasana is formed by combining asana with the Sanskrit word tad (mountain). Tadasana yoga is considered to be the basis of yogasanas performed while standing. Therefore, while doing this yoga, the body remains straight and stable like a mountain.
Tadasana helps in keeping the spine healthy, which makes it easier to do other asanas. This is a very simple yoga asana that is considered very beneficial for health. Tadasana yoga especially strengthens the knees, thighs, and ankles.
Tadasana also helps in controlling type 2 diabetes. This asana helps in controlling the level of glucose in the blood. The spine remains straight while doing this yoga asana. It helps in keeping the spine positively flexible and balanced.
How to practice it?
- First of all, lay a yoga mat in a clean and open place.
- Now straighten your legs and waist and stand on the yoga mat.
- Keep your ankles together.
- Keep both your hands straight by the side.
- You raise the palms together by intertwining them. The direction of your palms should be towards the sky.
- Now breathe slowly and while standing on the toes, pull the body upwards.
- When your body is fully tanned, try to stay in this posture for some time. Keep breathing normally.
- In this position, you will feel the full weight of the body on the toes.
- While exhaling slowly, come to your starting position.
- Repeat this whole process about 8 to 10 times as per your capacity.
- Do not do Tadasana if you are troubled by headaches, insomnia, and low blood pressure.
Padhastasana is made up of two words. First is pada means feet and second is hasta means hands. That’s why it is called Padahastasana. In this yoga asana, you are bent forward and hands and feet are tied. Padahastasana is also known as the hand-to-foot pose. It is also practiced during Surya Namaskar.
Padahastasana increases flexibility in your calves and hamstring muscles. This asana massages the digestive organs. This asana helps in flushing out excess Vata from your stomach and also improves blood circulation. By this asana, a good amount of blood and oxygen reaches the brain.
Padahastasana yoga is known for reducing belly fat, correcting digestive problems, increasing your height, and giving a good stretch to the thigh muscles.
How to practice it?
You can do Padahastasana by following some easy steps. We are telling you how to do Padahastasana yoga in detail below.
- First of all, put the yoga mat in a clean and flat place.
- Now stand straight with both hands together.
- At this time keep both hands straight.
- Now while inhaling, raise both the hands upwards.
- Now you hold for a few seconds. Now while exhaling comfortably, bend forward from the waist.
- Then you try to touch both the palms with the ground next to both the feet.
- You try to keep your palms off the ground and knees straight.
- Try to touch your forehead with your knees.
- Then you stay in this position for a few seconds and keep breathing at normal speed.
- Now keep in mind that the lower part of the waist is not bent.
- Now breathing comfortably, get up and try to bend back while raising your hands.
- After you exhale, bend forward
In this way, Padahastasana can be repeated two to three times.
Padahastasana is a simple yoga pose. Before starting this exercise it is important to keep these things in mind. Do not do Padahastasana if you have the following problems-
- Lower back injury
- Tear in the hamstrings
In the end- Due to our busy lifestyle, many times we are not able to pay proper attention to the body. As a result, our body becomes more vulnerable to physical problems. In such a situation, yoga can be a healthy option. Yoga can not only improve lifestyle but also helps us to stay away from many diseases.
Always start the yoga practice with some easy Yoga Poses. It can be a little difficult to do yoga for the first time. If you are going to start doing yoga, then you can practice the above-mentioned yoga postures which are very easy and are also beneficial for health.
Do share this article with your friends and relatives. I hope It’s really helpful for beginners.
Keep doing Yoga